believing what he read made him mad.
[html]

Like a supernova she went off, her face breaking as his refused to do. That grin was locked on his face, but it was not his smile—it belonged to a madman long dead, the one whom perhaps was more responsible for the gold that he wore. “You abandoned me,” he snapped, larger teeth flashing in the afternoon light. Twice over, a small voice reminded him. Both of his eyes were burning, liquid gold and full of the fury that God had granted him. “I owe you nothing beyond blood.”< Some archaic reference, one he could not remember. Honor thy mother, a different voice whispered, and was ignored.
     She shut down. She told him what he knew in his heart. The tip of his tongue rose and pressed against the roof of his mouth. It needed to be held, so she could say her peace. He scoffed at the idea, a barking laugh breaking from his mouth. Gabriel feared nothing; least of all a sick boy. It was not fear that drove him to hate his brother, but the terrible things he had done. “And what happens when he acts on his own?” Gabriel spat. “When he goes out and kills someone because he thinks you want him to? I will not have another loose cannon start a fucking war.” His ex-mother-in-law had done such a thing. He did not doubt Samael was capable of such a thing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread