you can never have enough gold
[html]

Ruri's face brightened with a gleeful smile at the sound of Seraphine's voice responding to her inquiry. She was alive! "I can't tell you how happy I am to hear your voice. I was afraid that the rest of the crew had gone down with the ship.," she was about to continue when Seraphine mentioned that she had a package for Jac. What followed was a statement regarding the other crew members. They were all alive too? "All of you survived the wreck? We had no idea...we looked for you guys for a long time...well Jac did most of the looking I suppose I wasn't much help in the matter, but we really did try to find you guys. I'm sorry you got separated from them," she stated, her half-folded ears falling flat in a guilty posture. THey should have looked harder. Then maybe all of the crew would be here now. Ruri's remorseful thoughts were quickly interrupted by touch of a small, cold, wet nose sniffing her leg. Ruri jumped slightly, not at all expecting to be touched by a small creature, only to hear Seraphine announce that this was Jac's package and that it was in fact a she and her name was Jontae.

The ivory and merle femme quickly found herself closing her mouth which had dropped open in surprise. "W-wait do you mean to say that...she's Jac's daughter? How?" she of course already knew the answer, having lived with Jac her entire life. SHe had always been afraid his habits would get him into trouble some day and boy howdy were they ever. The delicate optime did not have much time to stand their wondering how she was going to tell Jac that he was a father, as her thoughts were interrupted by the raised voice of the pup evidentally trying to formally introduce herself. Ruri responded by kneeling down to be closer to the pup's level, making sure that her sweater dress didn't drag in the mud. Of course, Ruri couldn't see Jontae, but she could look in the pup's general direction, like she did with everyone else. "Hello Jontae, it's nice to meet you. My name is Ruri," she introduced herself in a polite tone rather than responding in kind to the pup's loud introduction. For now, the surprised lautari figured that she would stay kneeling in case Jontae wanted to talk some more. However, she found herself turning to look towards Seraphine, still awaiting some sort of explanation. She would need all the help she could get in trying to explain the situation to Jac, which was not going to be easy. The one armed king could barely take care of a baby horse. How was he going to take care of a pup?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread