you can never have enough gold
[html]

Séraphine couldn't help but smile though she was weary when Ruri began to speak up. She had expected a rush of questions but she had been just as surprised as Ruri that so many of their numbers had survived the shipwreck. She inhaled deeply, trying to rid herself of the tiredness that clung to her bones as she shook her head and responded. "I'm not certain if we would have found eachother but Rogue was persistent in finding Jacquez and it just so happened that luck was on our side too." She stared off in the distance towards the great mountain she'd passed over and wondered if any of their comrades had made it over to this side as well.

She was silent a moment before she continued on. "It doesn't matter, we probably would have given up looking for the rest of the crew if some stranger hadn't brought news of the packs around here. He'd spoken of a strange new troupe lead by a self appointed king.. if that didn't sound like Jacquez I don't know who it could have been." She chuckled at the memory as she tried to move forward to stop Jontae from invading Ruri's space but she was too late. Glaring at the young pup as she captured the blind girl's attention she almost didn't catch Ruri's words as she realized what Séraphine had meant by delivering a package to their king.

She swallowed hard as she tried to explain but really she didn't know what to say except for pointing out the obvious. "She's Jac's daughter. She's not mine though, which is why I must return to where we were separated and see if I can find the rest of the crew. Rogue will be missing Jontae and I need to let her know that I brought her to Jacquez as she wanted." There was sorrow in her voice as she finished the last words. Séraphine was not a cruel creature but she was not the pup's mother and didn't have the same attachment she had for the small one yet as she did for the rest of the crew.

Séraphine opened her maw to speak once more but closed it quickly when she caught sight of a well known figure strolling towards them. "It seems I must pay my respects to our captain before I vanish or he will be distraught..." A slight hint of amusement in her voice as she nodded low to Jacquez as he strolled onto the scene. She didn't know if she should be the one to tell him about the small figure that was nosing about Ruri's paws or if Ruri would be better suited to hand him the news. She didn't want to miss it though when it happened.

------

Jontae had no notion that her newest adult figure in her life was blind but she didn't think it strange at all when Ruri didn't look right at her. She use to adults doing all sorts of crazy things and more often as not she tried to escape their strange antics and strive for a more sane lifestyle, that of the carefree puppy. When Ruri introduced herself after asking something about her she didn't quite understand she frowned and tried to pronounce the name. "Iye Rooree." She knew that sooner or later she would master this strange thing that the adults seemed to thing was so necessary but for now she would try her best and they would have to deal with it.

Jontae sniffed at Ruri's nose a second before she heard Séraphineand Ruri go on about Jacquez again, she tilted her head to the side and announced what was common news in this small area of field. "Jaccooz mah daddy." Even though she had never set eyes on the man she had learned enough already to know that he was her father, at least by popular belief. She wagged her tail, proud of the announcement she made as she turned to watch Séraphine, making certain to blow a raspberry at the woman who had been her guardian these past few days.

Right in the middle of making the rather rude sound she noticed what Séraphine was looking at and she stopped to stare, her tongue still sticking out of her small maw as Jacquez appeared upon the scene.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread