you can never have enough gold
[html]

Ruri nodded when Seraphine explained her reasons for leaving. Despite the fact that she didn't like it the ivory and merle female could not argue with the other woman's reasons. The adolescent collie girl was sure she would do the same thing were she in Seraphine's shoes, and if she could see. Traipsing around outside the packlands wouldn't be a good idea if she couldn't see. However, she would have time to ponder this idea later as Jac had now arrived and with his arrival would come the revelation of his daughter's presence. She was about to say something after Seraphine responded to Jac's initial inquiry when low and behold the woman spoke up before Ruri could try to break the news to Jac gently.

Seraphine's attitude regarding little Jontae might have also left something to be desired, but Ruri didn't have time to worry about that. Jac was likely thinking the usual, How? What? Who? and Why? questions right about now and she had to speak up before he did something foolish in his bewilderment. "I can help take care of Jontae, Jac. It won't be too hard. When you're busy she can stay with me and I'll take care of her. Or she can stay with me and you can come visit or something. It'll all work out, you'll see," Ruri did her best to try and ease any of Jac's worries regarding how his newly discovered child would impact his roving, care-free lifestyle. Ruri didn't want Jac to be upset, so she had immediately given him the option of having her care for the pup. Ruri was sure she might be able to get Heath to help out if Jontae became too much of a hassle. Other than that, how hard could it be to watch a pup.

THe fact that it might be very difficult for her as a blind girl to care for an energetic pup like Jontae hadn't even crossed her mind, nor had the fact that Jac had somehow managed to raise her himself from when she was even smaller than Jontae was now. However, things were different now and Jac wasn't necessarily one to be the paternal type. Things could change, but in the case of Jac, Ruri was never quite sure how.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread