sweet believer, what is it that you fear?
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj32 ... he/st2.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; padding-bottom: 160px; text-align: justify;">

A small sense of security stole into Snake’s mind as his father assured him that Nikita was alright. He had the right to be alarmed—when he had seen his mother’s desolate outlook on life in general usurped by a much greater optimism and joy after they had met up with Laurel after escaping New Haven, he had been quite sure that she’d never let him out of her sights again. He understood that she might let him go once, though, and he nodded when his father said that she was staying with friends. At least she wasn’t alone. Snake knew that his mother got a little bit… off-kilter when alone, so it was best that she had someone she knew to keep her sane for the most part. With that worry alleviated from his mind, he could get much more focused on the matter of his father’s presence here at all.

The four or five day journey seemed right—Snake, who had no idea where he was going and got lost several times, had made it from where they had been en route to the lands of ‘Souls in around a week, travelling at a easier pace. He looked away at Laurel’s mention of his mother not wanting to come—while Nikita and her son were very similar and could often guess what the other would be thinking, and he knew that she thought them to both be very self-sufficient. As for his father’s worry, Snake wasn’t sure whether to feel cared-for or simply awkward. He went for a middle path between them.

The fact that anyone cared enough about him to travel five days to see him was something that he couldn’t really understand. Love for one’s family took some to great lengths, but the youth couldn’t see himself doing that. He was entirely too self-centered. As Laurel described that he had been worrying, the youth’s head dipped slightly. “You don’t need to worry about me. I can take care of myself.” His words were not, however, as arrogant and bratty as they might have been thought to be. They were murmured softly, and earnestly. The truth was that he didn’t want anyone worrying about him because, well, their worries might be well-founded. And it was much more painful for someone’s worries to come to fruition. Or so Snake’s broken logic led him to believe.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread