the twentieth century
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/rurik_sinking.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:232px; padding-left:12px; padding-right:12px; padding-bottom:10px;">

Liliya had been less-than-happy to be dragged out of her comfort zone, and now, standing here on some strange border with some strange kid was really making her antsy. Still, she understood her father's sentiment when he'd spoken in harsh Russian to her, and the fact that he'd used their native tongue had reinforced the idea quite a bit. Rurik made a point to speak to his children in English most of the time, especially after they'd actually set off on their voyage, to help increase their proficiency with the language. Lily was stubborn, though, and she had hardly progressed in her lingual skills, and often she refused to speak anything but her mother tongue, despite Rurik's encouragement to learn other languages. Now, she settled down next to Rurik, still remaining quiet but at least looking a little more interested; Lily had lost a sister, and she could not imagine losing a parent. Sympathy briefly flashed on the golden-furred hybrid's face, and her brilliant blue eyes looked to Rurik longingly, wondering what life would be like without his constant presence.

Frowning, the Russian nodded, gathering from her words that her mother was long gone, but her father still lived. She was very young, and her broken words told him that English was probably only one of her languages, possibly not even the first of them. "Stay hopeful. I am sure he is looking for you. I am looking for mine sons, and they are much older than you are," he said with a gentle smile, thinking to use himself as an example to give her hope. "What does papa look like?" he inquired. Rurik hadn't met many canines in his travels here yet, but if he could keep an eye out, he certainly would. Quite suddenly, Lily piped in from just beside him, speaking in her own half-broken English. "If your daddy es anyfing like mine, he veel find ya," she smiled, patting her father lightly on the arm.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread