casualties of dawn
[html]
So sorry for the delay D:

He smiled gently at Xeris as she explained, looking at her belly for just a moment before uttering, with a small, pleased smile, "Congratulations." The male could remember when Empusa was heavy with their children, but as the thought crept up he supressed it. Sadness was not the most attractive quality, and he didn't want to scare this girl off. "Do you know when they're coming?" he asked. Puppies were something that somewhat intrigued him, the way they seemed to grow from nothing at all, kept warm and safe inside their mother's body. In a way it was slightly disturbing, but the strangeness seemed to add to its beauty.

Beppe had nowhere to go and he was in no hurry to get there, so the speed of his companion's gait meant nothing. Her question was simple but the answer was somewhat complicated; the man had never had a single place that he would have really called home. "Originally, Italy. Then I lived here, before the fire, then I wandered around Europe, and after that I lived south of here. And now I'm back." For the first time, he smiled widely. What a tangled path he had taken. It hadn't really been his doing; the ideas, the longing for adventure had been within him since he was a little boy, but in a million years he wouldn't have put those plans into action by himself.

james made this!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread