The slave boy
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/erin_ruriktable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The silver-furred werewolf kept his hand on the rudder. The boat had been built somewhere in Arkhangel'sk, and it was solid Russian craftsmanship. He still preferred his larger boats to be built by the Irish, however, as was evidenced by his commissioning of the ship in Dublin both times he'd been on his way here. The Syemv ship had been a hell of a lot larger and it had taken a hell of a lot longer to complete, but Rurik was quite glad with both runs with their work. The vessels had been quite worthy of the sea, just as this one was suited for navigating small rivers. It could survive in a calm ocean, and Rurik could have used it as a lifeboat in an emergency, but there had been no need.

Grinning broadly at the younger canine's statement, the Russian laughed, and nodded. His broad shoulders twitched upward in a shrug, and he took the joint back after the young man's hits, tapping it once more and stubbing it out on the edge of the boat. With one hand he reopened the silver case and tucked it back into his pocket. "Aye, but it happens to everyone now and again," the Russian admitted. Stormy seas sometimes made him feel a bit queasy, though he'd spent enough time on the water to make it a non-issue. It had been a long, long time since he'd been sick. "So, what's yer name, where ya from? I'm Rurik Russo. Me and mine family camp out in Halifax," the Russian asked, interested to know a bit more about the golden-furred man who'd stumbled into his midst.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread