Dreams only she can understand
[html]

I don't really have any, so if you do, feel free to throw 'em at me! If not, we can probably wrap up soonish? =D 814 words.

####Life in Cour des Miracles was certainly a change for him, as well, but Vigilante had been there long enough to have adapted over time. It did not surprise him that Alaine was curious, for he knew that the pack and its members—especially their strange King—could certainly seem bizarre to someone who was unsure of their way of living. He was curious to know more about her background, but it did not seem like it was his place to question her further than he already had, so he was content to let things be the way that they were. She seemed to have her secrets, and he most assuredly had his. There was simply no way that he could begrudge her that, when he was unwilling to let anyone see into his past. His name was enough of an indicator, though few ever seemed to make any connection, and most that did simply assumed it was just his name. Onus had been the only one to understand immediately, and that was because they had something very drastic and very important in common. Otherwise, the coyote would not have known.

####“It is very different from mine, as well,” he agreed with a jovial smile, a small chuckle accompanying it. He was trying very hard to keep himself as visibly happy as possible, as it was normal for him to adopt a stoic expression, but it seemed that Alaine preferred knowing that he was happy. He was enjoying their conversation, anyway, so it was not actually difficult at all to keep the smile present. It was not hard for him to feel comfortable around her, when she seemed as sweet as she did. “I was born into a very large pack in the area far to the west and north of here, between Canada and Alaska, if you are familiar with such terms. It was very cold there, and there were many of us. Some months, the sun never even made an appearance, while others it did not leave. It was indeed very different from this place, and it came as a shock to me when I arrived here, quite a few months ago,” he explained, hoping she would find comfort in knowing that she was not the first one to be confused upon her arrival. He was skirting dangerously on the subject of his past, however, and did not wish to delve further into the tragic tale.

####Truthfully, he did not know how helpful he would be in answering her questions, as he only knew little bits of information about the packs in the area. For the most part, he only knew names of them, and that was it. He only actually knew anything about this pack, but at least he could help her in that respect. “In the immediate area, I only know of a few packs. There is Dahlia de Mai, a pack of mostly wolves. Inferni is a coyote clan, and from what I’ve heard, not particularly pleased with wolves. Dogs, though, they seem to be fine with.” He did not understand the prejudice, but he supposed that mattered little. It did not involve him. “AniWaya is a tribe of wolves, I think, very friendly with just about everyone. Phoenix Valley is also a pack around here, but I’ve heard very little of them. There is a pack in the area—I do not know which one, if it is even one of the ones I mentioned—that is run by a rapist and murderer,” he continued with disgust, thinking of what Heath had told him of his father. Anyone would need to be careful treading in areas they were unfamiliar with.

####“And finally, there is our pack, founded this past June. We’re considered a pack of mutts and strays, though I have kept my nose out of pack politics thus far. There may be more packs than those, but I have not heard of them as far as I know.” It was unfortunate that he did not know much about what happened within the pack, but he supposed that probably stemmed from his attempts at keeping to himself. At least he could know that he was successful in doing that, although it would probably do him a bit of good to become more involved in the actual workings of the pack, as strange as it would be for him. It would certainly be a new idea, considering he had been kept separated from the rest of his pack while growing up and then doing his work. Still, it would do him good to know more about the inner workings of the pack, especially in cases such as this one, where he did not truthfully know how he could possibly be helpful in answering her questions. Vigilante’s knowledge of the surrounding packs and his own home was unfortunately very limited.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread