just don't let me go
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_bloody.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Ohay! I need the sexes of Raze-chillenz to put them on Lykoi famblee tree, ja? Big Grin -loves- The kidlets' names are there, I just need their sexes, DOB, and location of their birth. And their social security numbers. XD

It was a wonder that he was really here, pressed beside her just like when he was small. It was almost miraculous, in Kaena's mind—she had never expected to see him again. Razekiel had left at the normal time for a young canine to leave his home, but he hadn't come back. She still did not think she would see some of them again—Conway especially, but she still held out hope for Arkham and Rachias. The girl had returned for a moment, imparting to Kaena only the briefest knowledge of further more family before leaving again. But Razekiel—Kaena had been sad to see him go; she thought perhaps the canid wanderlust had passed him by, until she could not find him one morning. The years that stretched between the present and their last meeting were long, no question about that, and the ruddy-faced hybrid was most certainly an adult, far beyond needing his mother. And yet, he'd come back here to her and Inferni. That was huge, and miraculous in a way.

Though his way of speaking was strange, there was almost something infectious about his attitude, the light-hearted way everything seemed to simply roll off of his back. The coyote woman liked this, and as they embraced she found her spirits elevating just the slightest bit, happiness at being cast in the warm glow of this stranger-who-was-not-a-stranger held her while shivering himself. "I never thought of it that way," the coyote confessed, mystified by this deification of nature itself. She was familiar with gods representative of such things, but never that such things were gods in and of themselves. "It makes sense. Humans lost touch with nature, and... well, look what happened to them." One did not have to go further than the ruins of Halifax to see what had happened to that society. Still, Kaena could hardly discredit humans entirely. Certain technological advances certainly were useful, and the hybrid woman did not think she would have survived as long as she had without them.

At the mention of his real father, the hybrid only sighed. Astaroth was fleeting memory to her now, but it was better to dredge up his memory than the most recent venomous man. Haku's infraction was far worse on her psyche than Astaroth's had been, and anyway, at least Astaroth had served his purpose in granting Kaena with three lovely children. "I am sorry, Razekiel, but you won't have the chance to meet him," she said softly, fearing there was some faint attachment to the absent coyote lingering in the younger man's frame somewhere. "He stole one of your younger siblings and led me away from here in chase, and I killed him for it," she admitted, though it was hardly a rough one—Kaena considered this well within the realm of fair play. Stealing a child from its mother was a perfectly reasonable excuse to kill a man in the hybrid's mind. It didn't take much to justify murder to Kaena Lykoi, after all.

thanks to james for the header image
[/html]

Messages In This Thread