just don't let me go
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

The silver-furred hybrid listened with clear interest as Razekiel spun his story, her golden-yellow eye focusing on him as she turned her scarred head to face him. They were still huddled close together, and the coyote enjoyed the warmth and presence of her son. It had been gone too long; she often thought of the children that had gone away. She had wondered what had become of some of them; unlike the drifters who floated in and out of Inferni through the years, they had a foundation and basis with the coyote clan, and a far higher likelihood for returning.

Razekiel's story had evoked in Kaena a strange sense of disconcertion. She had forgiven wolves for simply being wolves—Naniko was an exception to the rule, certainly. Zulifer was not even a sliver coyote, and she'd loved him dearly. "Sounds like it was a good place to live, but sometimes life makes you move on, I guess," the hybrid said sadly. She had been forced out of a few areas in her time, by both fellow canine and natural disaster alike. "I found a group of canines in Oregon myself... bunch of hybrids, really, but they let just about anyone stay, so long as they didn't cause trouble," the coyote admitted. The Malai Ratree were a kindly sort, and the hybrid was lucky she hadn't earned a reputation there before finding Rangi. Without his help, she was likely to have never found her way home.

The hybrid frowned at the man's speech. In her head, taking Eris had been more than enough reason for her to hunt down and kill Astaroth, even if she knew where Eris had come from, her dark and terrible origins. "I don't suppose there's any forgiveness for all the sinning I've done, then," the hybrid said with a sigh. She could only tolerate peace and love so long—when others were eager to gun her down, proclaiming her love for them would do little other than speed up her death.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread