just don't let me go
[html]
    Her heart was certainly in Inferni, lurking in the legacy that she had crafted on the other side of the mountain. It mattered far less here, but this was still a living incarnation of the Inferni on the far side of the mountain range, birthed by Zarah and herself on Hell's Coast so many years ago. The hybrid smiled a little at Razekiel's proverb, her yellowy eye growing wistful. It had certainly been a hell of a long time. She could hardly believe she had been just three when Inferni was founded, and it was more impossible that she was breathing still.

The coyote listened as Raze described his former home, curiosity on her scarred features. The Malai were similar, but that might have been due to their isolated location. The Siuslaw park's forest surrounded them for many, many miles all around, and butted up against the ocean, they really did not have many neighbors, though they were not completely free from drifters passing through the area, as Kae herself was evidence enough of that. "The way I see it, we're just trying to live these days," the coyote said, a hint of sadness in her voice. It was only the species' natural history; coyotes and wolves had been eating each other's children for many centuries before Inferni had been born. Part of her yearned for the old days, of lashing out without care for the consequence.

"I took off after Astaroth and Eris. Shouldn't have done it, regretted it ever since," the hybrid said, gruffness apparent in her tone. It was a sore subject, and not one she often liked to explore. "No excuses for me," she said, tilting her head in Razekiel's direction with a small smile that was almost forgiving in nature. The youth were wont to wander, and in the end he had come back to her anyway. "Mother Nature's a pretty forgiving... woman, eh?" the coyote said, scrunching her muzzle up and wondering if this was correct. Nature was a woman, if she was a mother, but the hybrid had trouble wrapping her mind about these concepts.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread