sever the shame we have come to reclaim.
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/rp/rurik/erin_ruriktable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The silvery wolf was quick to joke about some things, but in truth he was all too familiar with fatherhood, and how one managed to screw it up royally. When his elder sons were born, Rurik certainly hadn't believed they were his. He had caught Kiska messing with that damn coyote earlier, and he'd been so sure that their herbs and medicines would not fail in preventing pregnancy. It was not until his sons were much older and Rurik saw himself reflected in their faces and features that he realized the terrible truth.

Failing at fatherhood the first time had cost him his eldest sons, his one and only love—damn near everything. In the end, he had Empathy of the original Syemv crew, and an idea for forming a pack in his head. Perhaps that had been ill-advised and poorly planned, too. Maybe he should have just turned around and headed back to Russia when that had happened. The sable wolf before him spoke quietly and offered a sigh, eliciting the Russian's curiosity. His icy gaze regarded the other woman boldly, one of his eyebrows cricking upwards. The expression gently prodded for information, yet it was hardly the demand a verbal question would have been. Savina could quite easily pass over the look Rurik had given her, should she not wish to discuss this fatherly figure who was not so fatherly.

They did have something in common, and the Russian wolf grinned, nodding and listening with an enthusiastic look on his face. His merry blue eyes glinted with excitement, and the beginnings of a grin sitting on his muzzle as she spoke. "Much the same—wish I could've visited more'n the time I saw it," he said, in complete agreement with Savina. "Aye. Mine family in Sobirat'sya, Russia are all fisherman. You could say it's in the blood," he added. "How did you come to live here?" he inquired, curious about the raven female's journey from the old world to this place.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread