sever the shame we have come to reclaim.
[html]

Whoa, this is a lot lengthier than I meant it to be XD 500+

The more time and distance the separated her from her place of birth, the more resentful she became of the way the pack had functioned. There would always be fond memories there, but Monti Sabini had been little more than a backdrop for them. The reasons the memories were fond were because they included her mother, brother, and sister. Them and the secretive lessons they had had with Lorenzo. Those events would have been just as pleasant if they had taken place anywhere else. When she had arrived here she had been hesitant to take on a more humanized way of life, but now she embraced it. The fey would never forget her wild roots, but there was nothing wrong with embracing the gift that humanity had given them either.

She caught Rurik's questioning glance and felt no need to hold back the truth. It didn't bother her to talk about it as much as it used to. There had been times when she had adamantly refused to discuss anything relating to Serge. Now that man was hundreds of miles away though, and she knew that he would never leave to come looking for her or any of his other "mistaken" offspring. "Where I was born things were very...strict. You weren't supposed to have relations outside of mateship. Serge did though, and got my mother pregnant. His status in the pack allowed him to get out of it though, and he disowned her and me and my siblings. He never acknowledged us as his own and he broke my mother's heart." Her lips were curled down into a sour frown as she relayed the story. As far as she was concerned it had all been inexcusable. She would never forgive him for everything he had and hadn't done.

Despite all the adversities and unpleasantness she had faced, Savina was proud of where she came from and it was always a subject she was happy to discuss. She had never met anyone else here who had seen the great city of her homeland and so was pleased that he had also been taken in by its splendor. So the Russian man was a sailor, how interesting. Perhaps sometime he could teach her a thing or two about boats and sailing. She nodded her head smiling, and then was asked how she came to be here. "Quite by accident, actually." The journey she had taken had been far from intentional. "I left my birth pack, for my brother and sister had left and my mother...she had recently passed. I traveled to one of the small port towns and snuck onto a ship, I was curious to see what they were like on the inside. Well, the ship was ready to cast off and I got stuck on-board. I don't know how long I was down there, but one night an awful storm came up and the ship was torn apart and I washed out to sea. The next thing I remember was washing up on the shore off to the south and east of here."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread