sever the shame we have come to reclaim.
[html]

300+

There was something about the Russian wolf that she really liked. She couldn't really nail down exactly what it was, it was probably a combination of things, but she found herself being very glad that she had made the journey up here this day. Even though they were from two very different places in Europe, there was an automatic sort of kinship she felt with the man for also being from across the Atlantic. It was almost like she was able to in some small way reconnect with her home. At his very kind comment she smiled broadly. "Thank you, signore, it is very nice of you. I do not worry over it though. I might not have had a father, but I had a mother and brother and sister who all loved me very much, and I them. I am happy with the family that I do have." A shot of sadness drove through her, wondering how much family she really would have close after a few things played out. Savina did her best to keep her composure though, not really wishing to get into all the things that weighed heavily on her now.

The Commander listened with interest as Rurik mentioned spirits that they believed of in his home. The Italian didn't really have a name for the deities she believed in and prayed to. They were a bunch of nameless entities but she knew they existed. "Perhaps so," she replied, her tail waving. "My surname, Marino, it means 'of the sea' in Italian. I've always felt a strong connection to the ocean. I go to it for solace." She didn't know if others felt such a connection with their own family names, but the sable fey certainly had. The ocean called to something deep in her soul. It was probably not so different from the connection that sailors felt, though Savina didn't know if she'd ever step foot on a ship again. This did bring a query to mind, however. "What is sailing like? I was stuck in the hull the whole time I was on a ship and I was really too distressed to appreciate the experience." If she ever got the opportunity now she thought she could enjoy it more.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread