I'll stop the world and melt with [you]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... _table.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

ooc: Thank you *blush*. Alright, James, this should give you something to reply to <3

She hadn't realized just how quiet she'd been. The male jolted as Alaine's soft voice spun out, his own expression becoming as wary as her own. Chagrined, the younger woman tried to smile, but her face felt stiff and false. There was no time to spend wondering whether the stranger was harmful; It was a leap or die situation, and they both knew it. Another second of breath-holding silence passed, and then the fellow seemed to crumble slightly, his breath expelled in a warm jet of air.

Alaine watched as he settled the wounded feo down, as carefully as if she were his own. Emerald eyes were wide and innocent, her hands clasped nervously before her. Now was not the time to let her fears rise again; Avoiding any eye contact with the stranger, the healer waited till he moved to the wounded's head before she knelt to the ground. As he spoke, she nodded, let out a soft sound of agony as the wound was finally revealed between layers of sodden ivory cloth. Then, t'was as if a determined thought stole over her, for the timid beauty of before was now brisk and businesslike.

" Put her head down gently, and listen to me very carefully. I need you to do as I tell you, for I shant repeat myself. She's gone into severe shock... There has been a lot of blood lost. You need to elevate her footpaws, please - prop them up on something, so long as they are above her body level. She needs all her blood to head back towards her core..."

Her words were a constant stream, ivory hands now ruby-dashed with blood foraging mercilessly through the small leather pouch. She began to pull out all sorts of odd things - Wide leaves, little bottles of crushed powder, crystalline substances and a variety of roots and leaves. Occasionally, her eyes would dart to the young man, just to make sure he was competent in her orders. A small, scratched bottle of water was brought out, the lid popped off even as her other hand grabbed pinched of different powders. After adding a few pinches of strange-smelling items, she handed to bottle to the nearby male.

" Shake this till it bubbles. Then, I need you to get her to swallow a good mouthful or two... Be careful, it has a very bitter taste and she may try to spit it out," As she spoke, ivory hands rummaged through for a flat wooden disk and a large black rock. Emerald eyes lifted to the bleeding wound, and Alaine made a sympathetic sound in the back of her throat before continuing with the stream of instructions, " It's going to bring her back to consciousness. I need to know if her breathing is obstructed and if the splinter has nicked her lung, and only she can tell me that."

Her face was grim, but determined. A strange bulbous root, it's pale surface glittering in the light, was quickly ground to a paste beneath the skilled fingers of the young woman and her broad-stone. Valley radish to stop the bleeding, broad-silver leaf to prevent infection, crushed bainstalk to minimalise permanent muscular damage... With her mind whizzing, the putrid-smelling poultice was set aside. Her hands lifted to the protruding splinter, and gingerly began to prod about it. Brows creased in concentration as she drew back, and began to cover the edges of the wound in the mixture. That completed, her gaze turned back to the young male expectantly.

" You've given her the broth? Good, she'll come awake, hold her head now... Miss? Can you hear me, miss?"

Her voice, though melodic, was firm. If the lady didn't awaken, then there was no hope for her survival. Even if she did, the broth wouldn't keep her concious long - They were going to have to remove the wood...

Speak think walk
Table © Marit <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread