and i don't feel like i'm strong enough
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: Set in the enclosure behind the stables.
Word count: 402. Worth 2 points

The sun was warm for autumn, shining down on Hanna's back. She felt it, and it should have been a reassuring presence, but still the woman was... Was what? Sad, depressed, concerned, afraid? Afraid, yes, that was it. Finally she had found a place that suited her, and she would find herself out on her ear now. Would Dawali let her take Galilahi, too, or would she have to leave the beautiful paint mare with the pack? So many questions ran through her head, and it all was overshadowed by one fact. Hanna was pregnant by the leader of Cour des Miracles.

She had been to see the collie king already. It had not gone as well as she had hoped; in her mind he would volunteer to help somehow, but then again, how could he? He was a leader. He could not just up and leave the pack to come and be her mate, but at the same time, she wanted that. Sort of. It was a thing she could not have, though, Jacquez as a mate and AniWaya.

A part of her was overjoyed to learn she was pregnant, to feel that bump growing on her midsection where the pup was. She was six, and though she had been trying for many years to find that one that she thought would care for her as a mate should. However, the medic had never found that One. She had sort of resigned herself to never procreating, as it was not in her personality to throw herself consciously at a man. Jacquez had proved a willing partner, and had intoxicated Hanna with his very presence. At the time, she had believed she would suffer no consequences.

The woman rested her forehead on the shoulder of the mare that she spent much of her time around between care and riding, and heaved a sigh. "Oh, Gali. What am I going to do? I couldn't possibly care for a young one outside a pack, not with winter setting in. And AniWaya is home to me. At the same time.. I can't keep a child - or children - a secret from the pack. And I'm positive that with the tribe's background, single mothers are... well, frowned upon." The brown and white horse nickered, shifting her weight to remind Hanna of the brush in her hand, which began to move methodically along Galilahi's side again.

Speak, think, act

[/html]

Messages In This Thread