[J] I would have stayed up with you all night...
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/jacquez.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:323px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top:10px;">
WC: 324 // Here I is! Slow and steady wins... nothing? Big Grin

Jacquez set down the bottle with a clink, smacking his lips with noisy contentment. He needed a stiff drink, and that aged rum really hit the spot. Spicy, warm down the gullet -- he could use something warm and familiar these days. Good thing Leroy left some bottles stashed in the old workroom; Jac had all but run out of his own private supply. If he had to deal with this winter sober, he would not be a happy monarch.

Noises downstairs caught his interest; he had only ambled into the hotel moments earlier, unable to sleep in the chill night, and remembering that there were fireplaces in this decrepit building. His grotto by the beach was the perfect spot for his moonshine activities, but now that the days were shorter and frost could be seen riming the dead leaves, it was no longer comfortable living quarters. Little Jontae was taking over Ruri and Firefly's homey cabin, so that was not a viable option. He was scoping out the Chien Hotel now that Leroy had vacated it, but it seemed as though someone else was living here already. With a grumpy sigh, the one-armed man rose fluidly to his feet, padding down the hallway to see who it was. Maybe they were only visiting.

The sight that met his dark eyes was not entirely what he expected -- a mother and child at first glance, although it was immediately clear that something was wrong. The small child was squalling and weeping, trembling and squirming in the unfamiliar woman's arms. The slender werewolf was of dog ancestry, quite beautiful, although with exhaustion and panic overshadowing her natural grace. Jacquez raised an eyebrow, stepping forward into the fading light shining through the open door. "New here, I presume?" he called, head tilted out of curiosity. They smelled of the sea. It was a comfort to the once-sailor, the stinging salt that cried of adventure and possibility.

[/html]
Table by Sie!

Messages In This Thread