Whether mice and men have second tries
[html]

The silver-furred Centurion was slowly realizing that life was a continuous process of learning. She was often confronted by things which completely perplexed her and required adaptation. The world had changed a hell of a lot since she was small; when the silver-furred canine was young she had lived in a world virtually without Luperci, ignorant to the very same mutation existing within herself. Kaena Lykoi might as well have been a Luperci Verto, for she had not shifted to her two-legged form until she was nearly two years old. She could not remember her mother using that form, and her father certainly hadn't. The coyotes and wolves she had lived amongst never so much as mentioned such things, but the world had been quite a different place back then—now the Luperci traits were expanding through even the most remote of canine societies, insuring that the world would have fewer and fewer regular wolves in it.

The hybrid was comforted by the presence of the children as they all walked toward the house, and with a half-grin she again smiled, complimenting them once more. "They're so lovely," she said, her voice wavering with appreciation, and even a little envy of Naniko. Kaena doubted she'd ever have her own small ones again; the possibility seemed dim and distant. When the ghostly-pale wolf spoke again, the hybrid listened, her coal ears pricking upward with interest as the Phoenix Valley wolf spoke, nodding her head with interest. "Of course. I think about the past quite a bit, myself. Could be why I like you so damn much—if I go rambling off about Clouded Tears or Chimera, you'll know what I'm talking about, rather than look at me like I'm a nut," the hybrid said, her scarred muzzle splitting into a self-mocking grin.

The silver-furred coyote recalled what the other had spoken of previously—Chimera was where Naniko was originally from, was it not? That particular expanse of woods had been the birthplace of the D'Angelo family, after all. "Good to remember where you're from, I think," she added, peering around the inside of the home they'd just entered. It was in decent condition, with most of the windows already smashed, and her sharp golden eye looked at the carpet to ascertain whether or not there were shards of glass on it. It would not do to allow the puppies' feet to get all cut up.

<style>
.kae-giftjames2 b { color:#99f6fe;}
.kae-giftjames2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:1px 0px 10px 0px }
.kae-giftjames2 {width:375px;border:1px solid #30819c;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ht-sky.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:240px;background-position:bottom center;background-color:#04040e; text-align:justify; line-height:12px; margin:10px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:10px;color:#166782; } </style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread