Whether mice and men have second tries
[html]

Oh, herro, I am sie, I am slow. |: ILU JAMES BB Also, let me know if I go too far in powerplaying any of the puppies. ^^; I figured it was sorta okay with Harlowe, but IDK about the others! Word Count: 763

The innards of this particular relic were in particularly good shape. There was, as always, a musty and dusty sort of smell hanging about the place, but the coyote woman began to shift once she was inside, finding it more comfortable to be in a dexterous form while she was inside of a human building. It was far easier to manipulate their objects with her fingers rather than her lips or her tongue, and the silver-furred woman was a relatively fast shifter. She had been doing it long enough—even with the first two years of her life spent simply not realizing she was a Luperci, Kaena Lykoi had eight long years of shifting ability under her metaphorical belt.

When she'd completed her shift, the hybrid found that such a thing had hardly even caught the attention of the children. They didn't turn their heads and stare or squeak out in fear; this told Kaena that they were well-socialized, speaking volumes about Naniko's parenting skill. Some children simply freaked at the sight of a shifting werewolf, even if the canine's scent did not change, the mere sight of someone growing much larger and much taller, their very body shape changing simply too much for a young mind to process. Naniko's children weren't even phased by the shapechanging of Kaena Lykoi, a relative stranger, and this was something that Kaena felt deserved compliment in response to the ghostly-white wolf's statement about babysitting. "Well, they're quite well behaved for children so young. They didn't startle at my shifting," the coyote said, marveling. She was still overcome by that love for any and all puppies, their pitter-pattering feet echoing around the house and filling it with sound. Their tiny squeaks and yips and playful barks were music to the elder hybrid's ears, and after propping open a window with a moldy and ancient book, the pages beginning to rot out of it, the hybrid reclined on one of the couches, stiff and old with non-use. Her golden-yellow eye followed the children around the room one by one, the silly grin plastered on her scarred muzzle, even aas she listened to the Phoenix Valley wolf speak.

As the other canine finished speaking, the one-eyed woman was already nodding at the idea remembering Chimera with particular reverence. That was the pack that had spawned Ahren, the place where he'd returned to when he had fulfilled most of his duties to his children, when he'd left her again for that place's crown. Kaena couldn't help but blame him a little, even if she knew in her heart that they were falling apart at the seams when he'd lived in Inferni anyway. She knew they were doomed; perhaps that was her greatest downfall for loving wolves—they could never stay in Inferni with her. Zulifer might have; he had been the closest to a coyote of all of them, actually believing he was trapped in a wolf's body, but a coyote in spirit. Ahren was next, but his crown had beckoned the de le Poer king back to his throne too quickly. Fatin was part coyote, true, but she'd lived the wolf lifestyle her entire existence, and Kaena did not think that Inferni would have made her happy, no matter how hard the Centurion tried. Maybe the cinnamon-furred wolf was just not meant to be.

Smiling dreamily, the hybrid began to speak, already finding herself in clear agreement with the tattoo idea. "This symbol... it is a sort of knot? I have seen this before," the coyote said, thinking she might have seen it carved into flesh or a tree, something like that. She could see it in her mind, but that rarely meant she could transfer it to paper. The hybrid woman needed a reference to work from, sadly, and she needed to make that clear to Naniko before the woman got her hopes up too high. "Do you have a picture of it, or can you draw it for me? I'm not much of an artist, you see..." the hybrid said, frowning. "I can't tattoo without a reference image. I've only ever done the chaos star, and more recently, a skull image. But I always had something to work off of. I've never done a tattoo from my head before." This was a sad thing to admit, Kaena thought, but it was not her fault she was not graced with the ability to draw images from her brain and transfer them to paper. Some canines were gifted in that way, but Kaena's skill-set was designed for inflicting pain.

<style>
.kae-razor b {color:#56275E; font-weight:bold; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; }
.kae-razor p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-razor {font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 134px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_razor.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread