Whether mice and men have second tries
[html]
I think with more thinking on it...that she'll get it on the inside of her ear :o more visible, maybe. And of course it's ok! :3 wc: 678

Each one of her pups had its own individual personality, and they sometimes left her wondering. She wished that she could see into the future and see what sorts of wolves they were...so that she could adjust things now to make things better for them. Sooner rather than later the fates would have their hands on her children. They'd be off on their own, creating their own memories and making their own mistakes. She would have to educate them about drugs and alcohol when they got to that age...sex, too, maybe. Naniko didn't consider any of her pups a mistake, thinking of them as blessings, but she thought that it was important to make sure that they knew that they could come to her if they had questions about anything or found themselves in a fix with drugs or alcohol. She wanted them to be as ready as she could make them for the big, bad things that were out there in the world.

The notion that she ought to start a fire in the fireplace came to the Luperci and she stood up at the same time as Kaena began to shift, walking over to the fireplace and kneeling down beside it. She shifted often enough to realize what the coyote was doing when she began her transformation, and did not want to make her feel self conscious by staring outright. It was interesting to watch the change from the outside, to observe it, but she wasn't rude enough to keep her eyes on the female for more than the few seconds that it took to see that she was beginning to grow taller, limbs rearranging themselves. Naniko slipped her backpack off, setting it down next to the fireplace and pulling out flint and steel. She looked around for a few moments, trying to locate something that could be used to start the fire, something that might burn easily...and found it when her eyes met a notebook sitting on top of the kitchen table.

She stood up and walked toward the table, grabbing the dusty notebook off and flipping its cover open. She pulled a few pages out of it and took the rest with her as well, heading back for the stone fireplace with her materials. The alabaster female crumpled one page in her hand, then another, and another, stuffing them into a hole in one of the logs that already sat there in the ashes. She had to crack her two stones together a few times before the spark caught on one of the papers, but from there on the fire only grew. A triumphant smile graced the wolf's face as she stood and turned back to her now-fully-shifted friend. Kaena looked really good while shifted, very different from her other form. Naniko was still uncomfortably larger and taller, even amongst those of her own species, but she didn't take too much notice of it. "You look really nice shifted, if I haven't told you that before. And thank you for the compliment. I try my best. They act very nice around strangers and whenever Ehno comes they're perfect little angels." She grinned. The coyote could probably guess what she meant, that they were little terrors once they were behind closed doors with their mother. "I'm proud that they act well in public, though, I suppose."

At the question about the tattoo she nodded, then bent back down to retrieve the notebook. There was no pen or pencil anywhere nearby so she reached toward the growing fire, grabbing a piece of charred wood from the farther reaches of the flames. "It's a symbol, the old symbol of Chimera. The one that I saw looked like this...it was carved into a tree." She drew it slowly, trying to make sure that she had it right. It took a few attempts and a couple of scratched-out parts, but the final copy looked good. "I know it's a lot to ask, though...it's OK if you can't do something like this. I could try and think of something else."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread