goodbye Horses, i'm flying over you.
[html]

anuuuuuu! i has short; i hope you don't mind.

As usual, he felt more comfortable under the cover of dense clouds. It was as if Someone had chosen today to throw a blanket over him, to keep him safe and happy. That "someone" was unspecific; he had no name or image, but Kansas felt him at times, and he didn't understand why. Today, as he jogged quickly toward Rabbit Lake, he felt his presence more densely than was ordinary. It was scaring him just a little bit, and yet it felt wonderful. He was secure beneath the thick, dark clouds; protected by the chilly air. He was doing just fine.

A lot had been on his mind lately; his encounter with Naniko and her puppies was still messing with his head. He was worried about Savina. He didn't like being worried about her, a little because of the anxiety it caused him, but also because the very idea of her being unhappy and his subsequently not being able to help her was terrifying. Kansas reached the lake, but did not approach the water; instead, he reclined upon the browning grass, watching it sway beneath his paws. He lifted his nose to the crisp breeze and let it bathe him. His coat had become longer and paler in preparation for winter, and now it billowed about him like silk. Kansas tried to surrender, tried to fight off the worry in his mind. It was a daunting task.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread