so what's killing you
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_disorder.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
    Lovely Samael. Count on him to make her feel better, count on him to make her feel wanted—the coyote woman sighed contentedly as her son approached her wordlessly, always ready to deliver affection. In the aftermath of Haku, Kaena hardly cared what kind of demented twist Samael's affection for her held; he was her son and he gave her his devotion without question. He touched her, his muzzle rubbing against her own, and she reached out to hold him, sliding her arms about his shoulders and pulling him close as he whispered that single word.

She had missed his presence; in the past few weeks she had wanted only to cling and clutch to her kin at times, but she was too shamed to do so. Being around others was at once wonderful and horrible for the hybrid woman; it kept her mind from reviewing what had happened with Haku over and over again, but it hurt, still, to place a stoic mask on her face and try and act like everything was normal. The silvery hybrid tried not to let her emotions spill over around others, and that was difficult at times.

Now, around one of the creatures she felt most comfortable around in the world, there it was again, threatening to spill over. A shiver ran through the coyote's body and she pressed her head into the crevice between Samael's head and shoulder, curling against him as tightly and as closely as she could, her body language silently pleading to be held by him. Comfort me, protect me, save me, she thought silently, shutting her golden eye tightly to block out the rest of the world, trying hard to focus on Samael's warmth and presence. Nothing else should have mattered, but there was that creeping blue-eyed demon again, crawling up her spine and slithering once more into her head, hissing in her ear.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread