so what's killing you
[html]

You, shut up. I compliment your last post, and I compliment this one. |: I lurve your writings for Samface. Buuut I think maybe we need to change a small part of thread, so I PM you after I post this. ;P

There was relief, there was comfort here. The silver-furred canine found it here more than anywhere in the world. Her other children did not offer her such blind loyalty, undying devotion as Samael. Some of them she had hurt, some of them had realized her wickedness and maybe part of them condemned her for it—but never Samael. He could no more turn away from her than she could deny him her love, and no matter what he did to her, the ash-furred Lykoi could not deny him that love. There was a tiny sliver of her that still loved Vitium, some flaring mother's love that refused to be extinguished even through the betrayal he'd inflicted on her.

Slowly, slowly the hybrid began to relax, unraveling the knot of tension that had wound itself around her core, swallowing the fear that had crept up her spine and shoved itself rudely into her head, worries that he'd come for her in the night and drag her from her very cave, pulling her by the scruff of her neck like some bedraggled puppy. There were nightmares, terrible dreams that haunted her in the moments after she woke and throughout the day. She ceased to shiver, knowing now even if he came for her that Samael would die to protect her from him or anything else that sought to hurt her. She hardly needed his verbal confirmation of that, and she smiled faintly at it, finding it reasurring nonetheless.

"You'd kill for me, wouldn't you, Samael?" she asked softly, drawing her head back to look at him with that golden eye. It became steadily sharper, clearer as she looked to his red eyes, so reminiscent of Astaroth yet containing nothing of him other than their color. There was no lurking demon behind those eyes, no vile devil waiting to betray her and devour her soul. She knew this, too, she knew he would take a life for her in an instant if only she asked him to, but she needed to hear it. She needed to know, and give herself damn good reason to seal the truth away from Samael forever to save him.

thanks to james for the header image
<style>
.kae-bloody p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.kae-bloody b {color:#3A0503}
.kae-bloody {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#BDB0B0; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_bloody.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; text-align:justify; }</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread