black market bodega.
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">-extra satisfied with this post.- i figured that'd be a good segue into the home brewing thing. Big Grin
@&#&$You couldn't win 'em all--Anselm had tamed fire long ago and his grip on the earth tightened every day. He envied the birds for their flight and in some ways this wolf for mastering the sea, but on the whole he accepted that neither of those domains would ever be his. He could look to the skies and dream or imagine; he could look across the sea and wonder. He could ascend great peaks, climb trees, or take a casual dip in a lake or river, but here he was a wistful guest, neither the guru nor the maestro. Ultimately it was fitting--he told himself the sky would grow too lonely and the sea too cold; no longer was he jealous. They all had to make excuses just to be happy with what they had.
@&#&$Although the Russian's words regarding the captain were said in jest, Anselm couldn't help but crinkle his nose in more than just amusement. So many variables; so many things to go wrong. That was a new one he hadn't even explicitly considered. It was bad enough to be at the mercy of the weather and the waves, but to worry about your shipmates as well? What if some bloke went berserk and tossed the entire food or water supply overboard? What if some ignoramus left a candle burning and set the ship ablaze? And when you arrived, what if you found the terrain unforgiving, the climate intolerable, and the locals maddening?

@&#&$His thoughts teetered on the cusp of perturbed and exciting, sending an involuntary shiver up his spine. By the time Rurik spoke again, he was simply relieved. Here was a subject with which he was familiar."Aiyea; they're very small. Kind of the mushroom equivalent of a seed, I don't know if you can see one individually so much as a collection of dust." One ear flicked as Rurik explained his "brown thumb," though Anselm waved his hand dismissively. "A swap of knowledge is just as well--nah, better!-than a trade of goods. I can give you some pointers, perhaps, 'n maybe you can teach me something new. I understand there are many technologies in use overseas that most of us here wouldn't dream of--I'm sure there's something," he said evenly.
@&#&$Although he was completely satisfied with their existing arrangement, he saw no reason not to take it a step further. The hybrid was perceptive and contemplative enough to see infinite possibilities; he was also just opportunistic and impulsive enough to latch on before they could slip away. "We can hash out the details when you get back," he concluded simply--he truthfully had no idea what Rurik might be willing to teach him that he would want to learn. He figured during Rurik's jaunt back to HQ he could brainstorm. Although they just met, he suspected the monochrome pirate would already have a fair idea as to what would interest the Inferni hybrid. "And hey, I'll pack a fresh bowl for then." An extra incentive, perhaps, though quite simply he enjoyed the man's company.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread