Staring at the Ceiling, The Roof Has A Face
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... table1.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">     Whee. Cotl should make Molotov cocktails for Inferni. XD

Kaena was curious to know what other projects Cotl might speak of; he had professed a knowledge of human technology that Kaena was unaware of. The hybrid was familiar with tattooing, but she did not have any piercings of her own and she wasn't quite sure she wanted any—she wondered if they would present an extra target while she was fighting or make too much noise while she was sneaking. She wasn't sure what would require a bandana, but a look of curiosity passed over her face. "What have you got planned?" she asked, interest on her face. Perhaps it was a weapon, perhaps it was more modification technology—either way, the smaller canine's projects certainly had Kaena's interest, now that she'd viewed the lovely work he was doing on his horse's face.

The hybrid listened carefully as he mentioned the city, breathing a tiny sigh of relief. She nodded at the mention of AniWaya. There were several good canines there—the absolute leader, Dawali, was a red wolf, and Kaena was certainly a fan of his. There was also Susquehanna, who had helped Kaena immensely right after her encounter with Haku. The hybrid woman had been too scared to run along home by herself; the possibility of running into Haku again had scared her into immobility. "AniWaya's not a bad bunch by me. Too bad they're not our neighbors," she lamented, considering the fact that Phoenix Valley had them to the south and Dahlia de Mai had them to the west—and both had been unfriendly with Inferni at some point.

The hybrid smiled as Cotl pointed toward Halo's door, and nodded her silver-furred head affirmatively. "Sure do. That's my granddaughter, Halo," the hybrid said. "I love her dearly, but she certainly can be a bit standoffish sometimes," the hybrid said, lamenting one of the few flaws she found obvious in the girl. That could work in Halo's advantage on occasion, though. Kae figured Halo was probably annoyed that her solitude had been intruded on here in the mansion, but the hybrid matron herself was rather glad that the young Lykoi now had a neighbor. Kae worried for her sometimes.

The silver-furred coyote obediently trooped up the stairs after him, eager to find out how this canine was living in Inferni. She had spent a fair amount of time with Halo in her room, but other than her and Gabriel the Lykoi woman really had no idea how the other canids of Inferni lived. He opened a door and beckoned her inside in front of him, to which she bowed her head and entered the room, turning her head just slightly to wait for Cotl before moving too deeply into his personal territory.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread