Worlds we never knew
[html]

Table code, image, and Filler © Jacoby!

OOC//

------------------------------------------------------------

The young man replied with his usual jaunty nature, the compliments taken with pride and gratitude, the smile he offered to her calming the feo even as she returned it. Daisuke. She had once forced herself to remember that name... She now wondered how she'd ever forget it, him. The lady, who for all appearances could have been his age or younger, was finally at ease within the presence of a male, even if he was only one to accomplish such a feat.

As she remembered the golden lad was far wiser than he appeared. To his words, she nodded meekly, knew them to be true. Caillen would make his own way, some day... But till then, she was everything he had. No matter what happened, Alaine would always love her son, and put herself in harms way to make sure that he had everything. Nobody would dare tell her she was a bad mother, nor look down on her for her age, she thought with a determined grim smile.

" Your staff?" She remembered the thing, with the deers skull and feathers, " That is a shame. I knew how much you liked it. But Inferni? What on earth were you doing there?"

Though never having been there herself, Alaine knew enough of the terrible stories that Inferni was Hades' hell on earth. Or, she thought she did, for prejudice was strife on this land. The thought of Daisuke traveling through there alone had her worried, those pretty inverted eyes watching him carefully. She'd never seen the golden brute fight before, but because he was still alive (scars and all) she assumed that he was able to defend himself better than first thought. At his mention of knowing others in Cour des Miracles, her expression became contrite.

" Well... I must tell you, Daisuke, that I've met barely any of the pack, for a particular reason. Now, don't get angry, for I am still treated very well... But they are currently holding me hostage, of a sort." Aware of how that sounded, she spoke quickly, wanting to get he whole story out before her golden-pelted friend could make any judgment, " It was all a big misunderstanding, you see. I was caught trying to hunt one of their calves. But they let me stay in the pack, so long as I did not leave the hotel grounds, just till they were sure that I wasn't really a thief."

Of course, then it became apparent that she was no longer on the hotel grounds, nor in CdM territory at all, which quickly provoked another bout of babbling.

" I know, I'm not there now. But I just had to get away, just for a little bit. I missed the ocean. I'll go back this afternoon - nobody will be there till the evening, at least. They'll never know I left."

One ivory hand lifted to cover the one he'd settled on her shoulder, and the beauty gently pulled it off, and tugged him towards the sandy beach. The water had begun to chill her, with winter's bite lingering in it's depths. Letting her hand slide out of his, she reached the beach, and pulled the soft green dress over her once more. The thin didn't do much to warm her, but Alaine liked wearing clothing. It made her less vulnerable.

" I've been in the sun too long. Come, sit with me in the shade."

Speak think walk!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread