Worlds we never knew
[html]

Table code, image, and Filler © Jacoby!

OOC// *noms on stick* X3

------------------------------------------------------------

His wise words were noted, but the mood lightened at the golden optime's jest, her emerald eyes widening with mirth at the idea of one learning to walk on their hands. Her soft, musical laughter mingled easily with his, the bell-like sound drifting out across the sand and ocean. When she spoke of Caillen, emerald eyes watched Daisuke carefully, measuring his reaction to the mention of her son. What she saw reflected in the man's sky-blue eyes pleased the young mother greatly, and she felt some of the burden that build like stone about her heart chip away. It was good to know that there was somebody else on this earth who cared whether or not they lived or died.

" I will, of course I will. He shall be much pleased to hear it, too."

She smiled prettily, jade eyes dancing at the other with jovial sparkles. When the snow falls. As if to herald it, her gaze was cast skywards - the heavens were clear and brilliant blue, not a cloud in sight to diminish their beauty. But she knew, as all creatures on this earth knew, that winter was coming. It was in the air, a thick layer of chill that had begun to descend. When leaves spiraled off of trees, and bird sang less of a morning, the wolves knew that winter was a'coming. To Daisuke's question, she made a soft humming in the back of her throat, eyes closing and a slight frown dimpling her young features as Alaine concentrated on adding up his years. How long had she been running for? That time seemed eternal, but in hindsight, it would only have been a few months.

" He is... Four months old. I don't know the day of his birth, but it was in the summer, when the air was humid and the grass green."

She smiled softly, but her eyes were hard and flat when she opened them again. Full of hurt, and sorrow. In the summer, when her life had ended, and Caillen's had begun. But the thought of her baby, her son, was enough to seep away that moment of pain from her emerald gaze, and when it returned to Daisuke, Alaine appeared merry again.

" Come back here, Daisuke, when the snow is falling, and we will be waiting under this tree for you. Again, in the summer, if you wish it, and we will feast and dance for my boy's first year of life."

The thought flushed her cheeks prettily, the too-young mother clearly pleased with the plans, her gaze still watching the other carefully. He had no family that she knew of, no pack, no ties or connections to hold him down. Would these promises be to binding for Daisuke's free soul? Would their next meeting never come?

Speak think walk!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread