blackbird singing in the dead of night
[html]

It seemed that she was not very apt at handling such a situation and she flinched and grimaced as Vieira jerked away at the sight of her hand. Had she thought she was going to hurt her? All the woman could think was, you poor thing, what have they done to you? Whatever had happened to her had been horrific, that was clear to her now. If only she were more knowledgeable on handling individuals who had been through severe abuse (it was clear that in Vieira's case it was both mental and physical). "Hey...I'm not going to hurt you, okay? I'd never hurt you." Or anyone else. It was against not only her beliefs but her nature. How she had ended up the way she was with the blood that flowed in her veins was something she couldn't answer, she simply knew it was not in her to hurt anyone. Especially not such a sweet and timid creature as Vieira was.

Was any of this reaching her? Rikka couldn't tell and she heaved a sad sigh. What could she do to help her? "I don't know if you believe me or not, but trust me when I say I believe it. Mother Earth created us all the same and she never meant for us to own each other. Everyone is different, but when you cut it all down to the basics we're just the same. You have a mind and heart and soul just like any other creature." Maybe if she repeated it enough she would start to crack the oppressive weight that had held her down her whole life.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread