greet the brand new day
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... kkaban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
SoSuWriMo 527

While Rikka didn’t want to know the gory details she wasn’t a dimwit. Knowing that things were dangerous and being prepared and cautious was always better than running into a bad situation accidentally and being a deer in the headlights. The woman had made an art out of avoiding physical conflict (even verbal conflict, at least when tempers got hot). Words were what she believed in, not teeth and claws. Of course there were some situations where it simply couldn’t be helped, like if someone attacked you out of the blue with no warning. She had never seen such a thing happen and found it hard to believe that anyone would be so unstable as to actually behave that way, but the point was was that she knew that sometimes violence was necessary. She only believed that it should be avoided at all costs so it didn’t get to the point that it had to be used.

“True, though I think I can be pretty persuasive,” she said with a wink. She was no great debater by any means, but she felt that she could make people think twice about certain things. The hippie was always up for a civil discussion of differing ideals. She imagined there would be no lack of such conversations now that she had returned to Inferni. From what she gathered, everyone around here (with the exceptions of Razekiel and possibly Anselm) was of the mindset that might equals right. That was a bit of an oversimplification, she knew there was more to it than that, but she knew that the clan had always favored brawn and hostility over diplomacy. Maybe it was just the way things had always been handled and no one felt the need to change it. Change was hard, but maybe they would have a better chance at having their enemies leave them alone if they weren’t so prickly. She couldn’t say for sure if that would work, but she thought it could be worth a try.

She sighed before taking another draw and holding it in her lungs until they screamed to be released and her eventual exhale was accented by a few coughs. “I know it can’t be sunshine and daisies all the time. I may be an idealist but I’m not an idiot. Still, if everyone just tried a little harder I think it could happen. Wishful thinking maybe, but I’m not prepared to give in to defeat.” The ideals of harmony and peace were something she would carry with her to her grave. They had planted themselves firmly inside her heart and mind and they couldn’t be severed now. “Well thanks cuz, I mean it. Not many around here would be willing to admit it, even if they did think it.” Rikka offered him another warm smile and handed the joint back over to him.

“So, you got any more direct family around here? Like kids or anything?” It was a subject that was often on the hybrid’s mind and she worried her biological clock was ticking away inside. She would like to have at least one litter before she passed out of this world.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread