greet the brand new day
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">
@&#&$Anselm could be fairly hot tempered and impatient when it came to certain things, but he usually made conscious effort to give others the benefit of the doubt. When he found some schmuck wondering around inside of their clearly marked borders, though, he couldn't help but jump to conclusions. In the past, infiltrating claimed territory meant one of two things: you were there to pillage resources or you were there to gather information. More often than not, the wolves here were just oblivious or ignorant. The significance was lost on them--he remembered Tokyo, who clearly thought herself entitled to a piece of their property. Admittedly he'd been more patient with the trespasser because she was a pretty woman, but even Warren had been given a chance to flee without bloodshed. Inferni could be hyper-sensitive about foreigners on their border, but once most of the wolves understood that they left peacefully.
@&#&$"I'm glad to hear it. It really wouldn't hurt us to have a few more diplomacy-minded individuals," he said with a nod. Although Anselm was calm under pressure and quite capable of appearing exactly as threatening as he wanted to be (in some cases, not at all), it was still sort of sad for the clan that he was the most civil of the political "activists" in their ranks. Gabriel could be worked into an outright fury; Kaena didn't always restrain herself from pushing buttons. Razekiel, although pretty pacifistic (as far as he could tell), was maybe a little too spaced out to communicate with other leaders effectively--Anselm wasn't sure the coyote would even care, as he seemed more the sort to wonder off into the forest and stare at clouds than deal with "serious business." Rikka seemed like she still had a lot more of her wits about her than Inferni's other resident stoner, however; more importantly, she cared.

@&#&$It would always be impossible for him to see it her way, but he understood why the idea was a nice one. Everything in his life had centred around conflict and he doubted it would change any time soon without dedicated effort--something he didn't have loads of time for amongst everything else. "If you want to put the time into it, I don't think anyone will hold you back. Gabriel tries to maintain some semblance of sanity here, and he does a pretty damn good job--but all it takes is one slip-up from one of our less level headed members to set the bees swarming around the hive." A sigh. It wasn't even realistic to expect peace from the neighbours until they were sure that everyone inside was in line. Sadly, he just couldn't see that happening; some of them were downright psychotic. He doubted he needed to tell her this, though.

@&#&$Such serious matters hardly seemed like an appropriate discussion for their present state of mind. It was easy to switch gears into the next topic she suggested. "Talk about free love, eh, I guess I was too free with mine," he said with a grin. "I've got kids all over the place, apparently, but I barely know any of them. Two of my daughters came through this area; one very briefly, the other in Inferni long enough to take over my old job as subleader. She even had a kid herself, my granddaughter Valkyrie... but the two of 'em took off not long after I came back home. I suppose it's my fault for not just staying where I was supposed to in the first place, but I'm sure they're fine." He peered at her curiously, a silent question in his eyes: how about you?

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +610
[/html]

Messages In This Thread