greet the brand new day
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... kkaban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
SoSuWriMo 559

It wasn’t at all surprising for her to hear that the amount of canines that would be diplomatic was lacking in the clan. Still, the fact that at least Anselm was open to more of the members being civil with the outsiders was a good sign. The other members of the clan might view her as a pansy, but honestly if she could gain them a more stable and understanding relationship with their neighbors then she wouldn’t care (well, she probably wouldn’t care in any case). She had no idea what the current political situation was between the clan the various wolf packs aside from Dahlia de Mai not being friendly and apparently things being iffy with the pack near the city as well. “So how many packs are there? I know about Dahlia and that one you mentioned to the south, but what else?” Her cousin seemed a knowledgeable canine and she figured he was as good a person to ask on the subject as any. He might offer her a less biased view than some of the others as well.

There was a complication though that Anselm brought up that had slipped her mind. While some of the members knew better than to shoot first and ask questions later, some did not. It was true, all it would take was one of the more unstable Infernians attacking someone for no reason to break any semblance of peace she would strive for with the packs. “Gyah! I’d like to try and I’d be willing to, but you’re right. I don’t know what I’ve gotten myself into, man. Hope I can stick it out this time.” She hadn’t been able to in the past and it didn’t seem as if much had changed in her absence. It sounded like her brother held things together well, but the values of the clan were still the same and the same kinds of crazies were still running around. Rikka wanted to make it work this time around, she really did, but she was nervous about it. If things got too nuts around here she might have little choice but to split again, for her own sanity’s sake.

Lighthearted conversation was much what she preferred while sitting around and passing a smoke. Her company didn’t seem to mind the change in subject much either. Rikka couldn’t help but laugh heartily at Anselm’s admission. It was rather hilarious to her, especially at the moment. “Eh, as long as you’re havin’ fun, right cuz?” Unlike many of her sex, she was more than happy to sleep with whoever she wanted to and was not worried about the consequences or getting her heart broken. She was a free spirit and didn’t have any interest in getting tied down to one person. It was a little sad to hear that his daughter and granddaughter had split the scene though. “Bummer man, I would’ve liked ta meet them. Hopefully they’re blow through here again, yeah?” She didn’t know it, but she and Anselm’s daughter would have gotten along quite well. At his questioning glance she shook her head. “Been plenty free with my love too, but no one’s made me a mama yet. Kinda a shame.” Rikka tried to look at the bright side of everything, but even she was getting worried about the fertility of her womb.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread