greet the brand new day
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... kkaban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
One more from you or you can close it :3 SoSuWriMo 625

Rikka wasn't always such a wanderer, but it depended greatly on how comfortable she was in the place that she called "home". When she had lived in The Haight she had barely gone anywhere else because honestly, she knew there was no where more interesting or better to be; she had been completely comfortable and at ease there. With Inferni, on the other hand, she was not so comfortable, or at least she didn't expect to be. Maybe she was being too quick to judge since she had just arrived yesterday, but from what she had observed already things hadn't changed much around these parts and she would need to take some little vacations if her sanity were to stay intact. She smiled her lazy smile at him as he spoke. "Heck yeah man. I love seeing all that different stuff. It's what keeps life interesting." In her opinion anyway. If everyone were the same and acted the same the world would be a really damn boring place.

It wasn't that Kaena hadn't been tolerant, it was just that Rikka had never felt fully accepted in the clan. She knew it was as much her fault as anyone's, at least in the past. She had been too conflicted with herself to be happy and content anywhere. If you couldn't find peace within your own heart and head then you weren't going to find it anywhere outside of yourself. It had taken a lot of soul searching and a lot of traveling for her to come to terms with who she was and be happy about it, but she finally had and she was hoping it would help things here go more smoothly than they had in the past. "Well, I'm glad to hear that. I certainly want to do my best to make sure it's all good, don't wanna be at odds with my brother." There may have never been much closeness with her family, but that didn't keep the woman from hoping it could change.

Rikka listened with interest as Anselm described his lady, able to hear his adoration for her with every syllable. It was really quite endearing. Just because she didn't necessarily believe in true and lasting romantic love for herself didn't mean she thought it impossible for people to find. Some did, and maybe Anselm and this Alacrity would. "I think I like her already, that's a great name. Sounds like one I would've heard around the commune." There was a charm about such simple and direct names. "She sounds awesome cuz, for real. I hope I get to meet her soon." The more friends she had in Inferni the better, after all.

Her head nodded in agreement with his hopes. "Here's to hoping," she consented, smiling all the while. Though she burst out into a fit of high laughter at Anselm's next words. "Haha, oh man! For real, cuz, for real. I got enough working against me on the demented part without increasing the dose of Lykoi blood. I'll definitely be doing my browsing outside of this gene pool." The thought of sleeping with any of her family, even a distant cousin, was a little disgusting and was something that she would avoid. The only way it would happen would be if she were unaware of the family ties.

The de le Poer femme was so glad that she had gotten the opportunity to meet Anselm and share a good smoke with him. It also felt good to get some more information about the area and get some of her fears and concerns off her chest. She didn't like bottling things up and now she knew she had at least one person in the clan she could be open with.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread