your sons and your daughters
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/rikka_table.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:330px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
300+

The woman was almost angry for how well her initial return had gone. It had given her so much hope that this time things would be different, that maybe this time she would enjoy living here. Most especially though, it had given her hope for her relationship with her mother and now she just felt like a fool. It had been the most hopeful she had been in that regard and now she was more upset with the woman than she ever had been before. Claws scratched uneasily at her legs, not knowing what to do with herself. Her quiet exterior hide her inner turmoil from the world around her. One question repeated over and over in her head. Why did I come back? Maybe it had been a mistake after all. Rikka couldn't remember the last time she had been so torn up inside.

She heard someone approaching and as the wind blew towards her she caught Kaena's sent and her back muscles tensed. Really she had been waiting for this, but at the same time she dreaded it. She was so afraid that her concerns would fall on deaf ears, and if that happened she didn't know where to go from there. The peaceful hybrid could only endure so much, could only turn a blind eye to so much. Her mother's voice cracked through the silent air and Rikka couldn't even bear to give her more than a sideways glance. She didn't know how to answer the question. It wasn't the clan that was torturing her mind and morals so much as Kaena individually. After a strained silence she finally spoke. "I met Vieira." And I've never been more disappointed in you. The femme couldn't bring herself to say that last part, but her feelings were clear in those three words.

Finally she turned her head towards the elder hybrid, her golden eyes burning with conviction. "It's not right." There was no arguing this point. It just wasn't.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread