The start of something real
[html]
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb17 ... wehave.png); background-color:#ff9333; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Table code and image © to Alaine
OOC: Frosty my love! I finally started one up :3 (Note - Alaine is in Lupus form)
Backdated to a few days after Syvie was found?

Her claws clicked softly on the weathered wood, eyes of brilliant emerald cast out to the tree-smothered horizon as they were so often these days. She hesitated, as always, on the great stairs of the front porch, the sweet smell of grass blowing up in a gusty breeze to toy with the house-bound mother of one. Or, she mentally checked, of two, currently. Much had changed in the last week. Her new life had started, pulling into orbit that of her son, and now, that of the little girl she had found washed up on the beach. That night seemed a strange memory now; Every time she considered it, tried to work through her actions with rationality, that same protective alarm would rise in chest to smother heartbeat with worry.

There was no need, though. Sylvie Ciel, as she had announced her name, was safe under Alaine's watchful gaze.

Satisfied or perhaps disappointed that today would bring no present hardships, the young lady turned to pad back through the open doorway and into the luxury that was the Chien Hotel. She'd broken the rules that night by leaving, but it had been to save a life, and as such the prohibited act went ignored. Charcoal-pink nose sniffed delicately, floppy collie ears straining forwards to see if she could hear the pair above. Caillen and Sylvie were supposed to be sleeping, but it seemed that the children enjoyed waking up at the crack of dawn to do all sorts of irrational puppy things. A tender smile came unbidden to her maw as the sounds of life swelled from upstairs; A few thumps, some muffled laughter.

There had been one extraordinary benefit, the young beauty realized in hindsight, to bringing Sylvie back to live with them (temporarily, perhaps, though Alaine was growing quite fond of the girl). Caillen's health had improved in leaps and bounds, his melancholy listlessness seemingly chased away by the glowing ball of sunlight that was Miss Ciel. Like peas in a pod, Alaine thought wryly.

" Alright, you daft pair, I can hear you up there!" With a crossness in her tone that she couldn't quite make sound real, the young mother relented, her strange inverted eyes bubbling with unspoken laughter, " Come on downstairs, then. We'll go find some breakfast."

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread