Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand
[html]
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/J ... able20.jpg); background-color:#ffffff; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

OOC: ;P Back!

-------------

The tense child was nearly deafened by the silence hanging over her as she approached the two adults, her heart sinking with each step. What would be her punishment? Would she have to pick out a reed for a lashing? Would they sentence her to the confines of a burlap bag with no food for a time? Would they send her away... once more from a place she had come to love? Heart heavy, regret filling her form, the child almost missed the coy-dog's offering of consolation. Sylvie glanced to Heath as his kind words reached her. A slight smile was offered to the almost terrifying male before the child braced herself for the surely incoming onslaught of words from her guardian. What happened next was nothing like what she had expected.

The healer crouched down on the heels of her footpaws, so that she could get level with the pup's brilliant violet eyes. Her ivory maw opened in reprimand, but no sound came out; the bracing babe opened one eye in confusion as the silence ensued but a moment longer, before she was swept up into a warm embrace. Confusion colored the pup's face as tiny snowy maw opened to ask for a reason, but instead, a whisper left Alaine's similiarly colored maw.

What? Violet gems were wide, surprised by the rushed mote of adoration. She was supposed to be in trouble, right? What was Miss Alaine doing? Her own mother had never reacted like this... bitterly, the child looked towards Heath's feet, scolding herself for even thinking about the terrible merle dog that had been her carrier. Tears peeked out of the corners of the pup's eyes as full lower lip trembled. What worth did she have to Miss Alaine? Surely, a whelp like her, not even of her own brood, was not valued...? Raw emotions steeled over as her common determination to prove herself returned. She would be the best herder she could be- for Miss Alaine.

After what seemed like an eternity, the healer released the child, snappy demeanor returning, scolding tone slipping back over a demand for an explanation. Indeed, she had a lot to explain. Eyes downcast as intelligent brain searched for an answer. She had snuck out, without alerting anyone, and obviously caused major worry and possibly mayhem. As if hoping Heath could offer a reprieve, the young girl looked up at the coy-dog from beneath long, dark lashes, deep amethyst gems glinting with apologetic airs.

"I... had hoped to practice herding a little... and then show Heath..."

Once again, those lovely gems switched their victim. Watching Miss Alaine for any possible physical discipline to follow this verbal scolding, the child continued.

"I... I know it was wrong of me to leave without telling anyone, but I wanted it to be a surprise... Caillen especially would have given me away..." Gaze shifted to white tipped toes, shuffling about in the cold, dusty ground. The sheep had been grazing in a single place too long, it seemed- there were many bare spots like these in this particular paddock.

The Name's Sylvie Ciel. Who be you? Run run run, Chase that little sheepy-pie! and now I chase those cattle, snapping at their heels as they run by.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread