Feathered Hats and Tamed Horses?
[html]

Hey, no problem! Oh and, I am sorry for the length :/ I am not really trying, I've just grown accustomed to writing long posts now, I think ><
Word Count: 1065 - SoSuWriMo

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Dawali nodded as the dark male explained his elaborately colored fur (or was it the skin underneath? He couldn't tell) — it made sense. He had met many who decorated themselves in tribute of this and that, as he himself did it as well, though in a less permanent manner. His mane was ever flexible, and any symbol could as easily be cut off as added. He had cut it when he had... removed the threat of Brennt. To him, it was a deeply spiritual thing, his mane. It seemed this male felt much of the same connection, an urge to express himself and part of his values openly, by means of symbols or decorations. This was definetely something Dawali could relate to. Though the Chief knew nothing of who the great sun god Fenris was, he decided it was a detail that was not really part of the point. His gaze dropped to the ground as the male in front of him told the story of his marking. "I'm sorry to hear that." No child should ever have to face the loss of a parent. His own daughters had done so, and he never dared ask about what their true feelings on the subject was. It was their private feelings, and he had no right to invade them. Again the Kalona found himself nodding, though at first he did not quite understand what he meant. It took a few moments to link the surname to the word used in the sentence. Old or not, smart or not; there was no getting around that Dawali was not always the brightest when it came to understanding dialogue. "It is important to defend those who cannot defend themselves." One of the rules he lived by. Enemy or not; lives should be spared where necessary, and defence given to those in need regardless of position or action. That was, unless the person was involved in criminal activities and such, but that was a wholly different matter.

Jazper responded to his inquiry of the mother-and-child, the sister of Ember and the sub-leader's niece. He'd encountered Brooklyn another time as well, taught her how to weave. Well, sort of; she hadn't had hands, really. Too young to shift. But she'd watched at least. His hands worked automatically whilst his head was turned and his gaze upon the male. Soon his horse companion was secured and he calmly walked back over to his new acquaintance. The Chief smiled boardly when it was stated that Brooklyn was doing well; he was glad. She was quite a charm last time he'd seen her. "I'm glad she is well. She came to visit here with her mother some months after her birth. Cute little girl." The news on Naniko, however, was not as good. Dawali knew little of drugs, but he had seen the effects on some wolves who had experienced with various substances found in the old cities. Alcohol was a quite frequent one. Little did Dawali know that he himself was a frequent user of something many of the humans would have branded as drugs. To him it was simply execution of tradition. Still though, despite learning that Naniko had either left or been forced out of Crimson Dreams, Dawali saw it as a positive thing that she now had another litter. "I suppose that's half bad, half good news, then." And the young male in front of him even had a litter already! Why, the world was simply churning with new faces all the time. It seemed not a week went by that he didn't hear about a new litter, or a litter-to-be somewhere. He smiled broadly at Jazper's last sentence, though he did not comment. In fact, he was going to, but it seemed his visitor was quite curious about Belle's presence, and so the conversation continued onto other subjects. Dawali loved speaking of children, but he did not mind speaking of the horse. Chances were if this one was a very fresh father, he'd certainly be able to bring the subject up again at any given point and have a successful conversation. Males were often proud to the degree of silliness when it came to their children. Dawali sure knew he was.

The Chief chuckled, a deep sound coming from his throat. So, a Cour des Miracles one had tried to tame one from the wild? He should have known better than to go for a big one, certainly. Also, weren't they mostly dogs or hybrids of some sort? If a grown pure-blood wolf luperci still had trouble managing one, a dog-hybrid probably would have serious issues, if only because of height. "Hehe, I'd think he'll meet some challenges along the way if he actually manages to catch one." The red wolf male chuckled again at the thought, before he continued to answer the question. "But yeah, no, not all of us have one. This one, Belle is her name, she's not really mine. She belongs to the stables, and anyone in our tribe can use her if they want, if they have heavy lifting to do, or want to go on a long trek outside the general distance one can be expected to travel on foot in a day." To Inferni, for example. He still had yet to go there. "Though some tribesmembers have their own. I tend to all of the ones that have no particular owner, so it doesn't matter to me which one I use. You can say I own all of them, in a sense." He winked. It was true though, that in reality he ruled over all those horses they kept which were not claimed by any particular person. Who else would it be, that could decide over them, than him? He ran this place, and the stable. Even if he was not the chief, it would be the natural choice. Dawali walked over to Belle as they spoke, patting her gently on the back as he came close enough. If he so wished, Jazper could try to sit on it; the female horse wouldn't mind. She was among the most tolerant of the females. He had used her to familiarize the pups of the pack with horses, for this side of her. She would easily tolerate a stranger's presence as long as a familiar scent was nearby. "Come pet her, if you want."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread