Watch as the sky turns black
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">
ooc: making things up is fun! :>
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

Slay was not happy. He had arrived at his church den to find the air reeking of Haku, and to have his mate stubbornly refuse to tell him what had transpired, only that he need not involve himself. That she was handing the reins over to that bully, that warmonger, that, that, manipulative bastard, when her cold glittering eyes told him that it was not her choice.
She had all but ordered him not to confront the former Lilium. And had it been three years ago, when he was still lean and tough and willing to fight for what he believed in, he would never have acquiesced. But... his mate was expecting. She grew heavier by the day, her body already adjusting to the changes of motherhood. And if Slay did anything to put her at risk, he could lose everything... If something ever happened to his only family, he would have nothing left to live for.

So he found himself slinking towards the call, four paws padding lightly on the muddy ground, black and white fur growing sodden in the pattering rain. His pale eyes glowered as the town square came into view, glaring openly at the brown-furred wolf that had summoned his packmates. He didn't bother to take a seat or call a greeting. He had always been leery of Haku; maybe deep down he could sense the ambition, the power-hungry arrogance that was so similar to his birth pack, the wolves that had abused him and forever damaged his psyche. What would become of his precious Dahlia de Mai, with a lying untrustworthy creature as their figurehead? More war, more disappearances, tyranny.
Slay's white-tipped ear flicked back, a slight twitch twisting his lip upwards for a mere second, before he smoothed his expression stone blank. He could play Cercelee's part for her. The big male stood rigidly on the outskirts of the stone circle, stiff-legged and dripping with rainwater. There would be dissent in Haku's new world. Even if he was the only one.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread