Watch as the sky turns black
[html]

slightly M for a curse word or two.

The call just barely roused the girl. Few things could, after the night she'd had in the city. The last time that she'd gone out she had met an odd Soul, Daisuke, and had nearly died by the end of the night (and would have, without Hemming's help), so she'd kept on the lookout for him. After she had fallen and become impaled on that sharp piece of wood, knocked out, he'd gone and run off! Ohhh man would he be sorry the next time she laid her eyes on him.

That is, once everything was fully healed. The wound had become seriously infected over the last month, keeping the female confined to the den for the most part. Only now was it really beginning to heal, a large puckered sore just to the side of her collarbone.

Her head throbbed when she rolled over and she let out a moan. Was that a howl she'd heard? Who the heck would be howling at this hour of the day? She frowned even deeper as she got to her feet, poking her head outside of the den. She would be late, at the rate she could travel...but whatever. He couldn't expect everyone to just come running. And if he bitched at her then she'd blame it on her injury.

The medium-sized luperci approached the group just as Haku began to speak, choosing to stand behind Tokyo. She wanted to sit down, feeling lightheaded, but remained standing. She had heard of the traps that he spoke of, but she didn't know who would have put them out there. The coyotes? Whoever it was, she felt pretty sure that they could exclude one group from the investigation. "I don't think it was those Aniwayans. I know a bunch of them featherheads...they're pretty cool. Fixed me up when I got hurt. Dunno about the other packs. We had any trouble with those packs lately? Or those coyotes?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread