Sending him off into what comes after
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
Sorry if it takes me a day or two between each post; the tournament in Lascivio as well as real life activities have been distracting me of late -__-

Soon, they arrived at the Phoenix Valley border. Jefferson had arrived there in answer to his howl, and Jantus was grateful. It was a bit awkward looking down on him from nearly eight feet, however, and he quickly dipped his head in respect and doffed his gear, placing it beneath a tree. The rest of them did the same, most weapons wrapped up in skins or placed in sheaths to hopefully avoid rust. Then, all of them began to shift. Jantus had the most mass to shed, so the process was longer for him than for most of the others. The coyotes completed their shifts first, with Jantus coming near the end and the Holocausts and Axehand child completing their shifts last, having had the least experience. When the party had finished, they came closer to Jefferson, right up to where they supposed the actual line of his territory was.

"Do we have permission to enter?" Jantus yelled over the rain. Honestly, he would have preferred they hold this off until the storm passed. They wouldn't be able to hear themselves if it didn't let up. "I can introduce you to the company if you've got a place we can shelter for a while, and we can do this thing when the rain stops?" He didn't know the pain the alpha was in, nor where the nearest shelter was, or even the location of the graves. All he knew was that his job was to get these people to his border, and he had done as much. It was in Jefferson's hands, now.

The three kids behind him--a year old, now--didn't seem entirely pleased about being here, though they knew better than to complain. The coyotes looked underfed with their fur clinging to their lean frames...though that was to be expected of coyotes; their thin bodies would ever look so to a wolf. Aivyr stood beside Skirnir, whose solemn regard seemed to deepen with the rain. Jantus's sisters stood at his left, Ranya studying Jefferson's scars as if appraising them. He'd have told her to stop, but as it stood he'd need to wait until the noise of the downpour relinquished and Jefferson gave them his answer before he could say anything to her in private.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread