Sending him off into what comes after
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
Of course. I'll get the show on the road. Jefferson can take them to the grave site, they can say a few words in one or two posts, and then they can be on there way?

At Jefferson's pledge, the group let down their guard and let themselves relax within the pack's cabin. It was unusual for most of them to rest or even find themselves in a maintained human structure, with the exception of Nikolov and Tanya who kept mostly to themselves within an old human suburb. The sisters seemed to keep closer together than usual...something about the atmosphere prompted them to be more familiar than was typical since their growing up. Perhaps the new place and the occasion. Skoll and Asphyxia's children stayed close by Jantus, though they seemed more interested in Jefferson as the situation became more welcoming and less formal. Still, they said little...they were old enough to know better than to pry during this event.

"Didn't figure you for the superstitious type," the giant said under his breath, sitting down and hoping the three-legged wolf would join him. He didn't have pity for Jefferson, the alpha seemed far too self-reliant to suffer such feelings from others, but it still seemed odd to watch him stand and function in such a state...one eye, three legs, scars everywhere...he could understand these things, but all on one person seemed a bit much to him.

"Not sure if I believe in spirits and all," he said quietly, hoping not to be overheard by the kids, "But I figure his memory should be respected, anyway. Skoll was an old warrior while he lived here, but he told us he didn't make much of an impression. Storm, then later Shadowed Sun, was sort of his sanctuary from the violent life he used to lead." Jantus flicked an ear the same way he might shrug in shifted form. "He was still around a long time. Shame we missed the woman who buried him, as it might've been good for the kids." He considered asking Jefferson how things were over here, now that the old wolf was gone, but it was a stupid question. Things clearly hadn't changed much. Skoll's passing hadn't made an impact as far as he could see, not even with people who knew him well enough to bury him. The status quo had been maintained...he didn't know if that made him happy or not.

It wasn't long before Tanya called attention to the fact that the rain was subsiding. In a few minutes, it would be possible for them to go outside and begin. It seemed strange to come all this way for a ceremony that wouldn't take them more than a few minutes. The lot of them might want to stand around the grave a bit more than a few minutes, but the things they'd come to say, the respects they'd come to pay, wouldn't take long. Hopefully it would all be done before Jefferson became impatient with them. He'd been hospitable enough, despite his quirks, however, and Jantus approved regardless of some other attitudes.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread