dead to the core.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... atable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OOC: That's perfectly okay Smile ::Word Count:: 500+

The dark figure seemed a creature of the looming night, forever trapped between the late hours of dusk and the early hours of the following dawn. The light in its eyes was the only thing that gave it life, made its presence towering and real to the ivory-furred wolf. Had it not been for the spoken words that soon followed their exchange of alert glances, the Crimson Dreamer could not have said that the silhouette was female. She assumed the stranger's coat was grey, if not black, considering how well it concealed the wearer's presence, yet these thoughts weighed little in the face of an Inferni member. Her panic would have reached new heights had it not been for the clear statement before, the reassurance, almost, that trouble was not to be found here, in this moment. The blanched female shifted positions a bit, so that she had now comfortably, if a bit still on edge, reclined to her haunches, and looked the figure up and down. Considering the fact that Inferni scent was strong upon the dark female, Urma could guess that she was facing a coyote, and the stories of what had been pointless battles, in her mind, between wolves and coyotes sent a chill down her spine. She had never clearly understood whether wolves were first to jump to conclusions, or if the coyotes were more prone to being haste in their decisions, but she tried to calm herself down, bearing in mind the fact that the stranger had made her intentions clear. This was the only thing that gave Urma the confidence to assume that initiating conversation with this particular representative of Inferni would not be as cumbersome or outright unlikely as she would normally have thought.

"I am not seeking trouble either," the alabaster femme informed the dark figure.; she supposed it was only advisable that she make that clear as well, lest her lengthy silence might cause an unfortunate misunderstanding. Continuing her thoughts seemed to help her nerves, so she hesitated considerably less in picking up her line of thought where she had left off. "I have had reason to approach Inferni's boarders once, and I have found my plea to have been respectfully dealt with, so I have not yet, personally, at least, found reason to nurture hostility towards its members. We may be of different blood, but our minds have been altered by the same changes." The pale-coated female decided to keep the rest of her thoughts to herself, fearing that the coyote might find her forthcomingness too much of a hassle to bother with, giving the stranger reason to grow impatient with her. Urma allowed a small pause on her behalf, before going on, her tone as soft and candid as before, "May I enquire your name, then? In exchange, I shall introduce myself. I am Urma, from Crimson Dreams, if you have ever come across this pack in your journeys or by word of mouth. I am as pleased to make your acquaintance as I have been to make that of your pack's leader, Gabriel de le Poer, that time I mentioned earlier when I disturbed coyote lands." There was no note of cynicism in her tone, no subtle hint at irony or some sly remarked slipped between the lines. The pristine-furred female had little use of such methods, less so when she felt no kind of hostility towards her interlocutor.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread