dead to the core.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... atable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OOC: Bah, you're not slow, it's perfectly okay, school will be starting for me tomorrow so I might not be as quick anymore either x.x ::Word Count:: 800+

The pale Crimson Dreamer inclined her head in a curt nod at the coyote's quick acknowledgment of their mutual intentions concerning this chance meeting. She was glad that no hostility was to come of this encounter, since fights were not something Urma went around picking, especially since she knew her limits and was clearly aware of the fact that she did poorly in battle. It wasn't something that had to do with agility or her capacity to foresee what her opponent's next move would be-- she had honed those skills alongside her former mate, as well as on her own. It was more a question of brute strength-- her lean body could not withstand the force of another wolf, so her defenses were already broken; she also lacked the power of initiating an attack, never judging well the time when it was best to lunge forward or strategically retreat a few steps. To be completely honest, the blanched female was more one to flee the scene of an upcoming battle before it proved too late-- her mishap with Haku had simply been related to her emotional state, which had proven at the time to be a great impediment in allowing her to accurately assess the danger she was facing. As the hybrid continued to talk, the white femme paid close attention the the inflections in her interlocutor's voice, so that when the coyote woman emphasized the word 'clan', Urma was quick to pick up on her misuse of the word 'pack' just before. She made a mental note to avoid this mistake at any later time, knowing that maybe at another point she would not be as lucky as to get a simple correction made. It was the same quick apprehension of a mistake that she had made in regards to Gabriel, when her clear insult at the end of calling him a 'wolf' had brought their conversation to an abrupt end. Sadly, he had then immediately advised her to leave and had turned to do so himself, leaving her unable to apologize, or, more accurately, at a loss for the right words with which to do that.

It came as a surprise to the pearl-furred she-wolf that the stranger before her was in fact Gabriel's mother. Maybe the darkness prevented her from making a clear image of the dark-coated coyote, but although she had seemed older, she did by not even the longest stretch seem that aged. Indeed, the ivory Crimson Dreamer did not know for certain how old Inferni's male leader was, either, and she was well aware that not all canines showed their age as much as expected. In terms of raw appearance, Urma did not betray her age either, although maybe certain facts related to her life experience may have done so for her. As it stood, though, not even her friends knew much of her past-- it was simply not in the alabaster female's nature to talk of her past, although it sometimes came as a surprise that not even old friends had ever had the curiousity to question her about it. Not even Pilot, who was probably the perfect example to the closest she had ever come to another wolf since her arrival after the shipwreck, knew anything of her life prior to her coming here. As a result, she did not allow herself to dwell much longer on the issue of appearance in relation to actual age-- if the coyote before her had introduced herself as being Gabriel's mother, Urma had little need to doubt this statement. Considering she knew little of the ranking system of a coyote clan, she was clearly not in the position to question whether family ties had had any influence in Kaena's being, as she had claimed herself, the Aquila's "right hand". While there were multiple ways in which the white female could take this statement, she took it pretty much literally-- that she was his second-in-command. With that, she allowed no further thoughts to trouble her on this matter and decided to fill the silence that was threatening to settle with a new enquiry. "I am glad to meet you, then, and I hope that we shall leave each other in good spirits, bearing one another no grudges. I was simply wondering... my home has raised no questions from you. Does this mean that you have met others from my pack?" She tried to emphasize this last word in a way that would suggest she was now making a difference between a wolf pack and a coyote clan, much as the hybrid's earlier accent on the word prompted her to do. "Maybe we might feel more comfortable in the other's company if we feel we have the same people's acquaintances in common." The thought of Naniko surfaced to mind, but it was only because of Naniko's friendship being the oldest she had here, excepting Pilot's, and her logical assumption that she would be a well-known wolf. Of course, her pristine-furred friend no longer shared Urma's home, so chances that her name would come to Kaena's mind, if they knew each other, were slim.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread