dead to the core.
[html]

eeergh, IDK at this point if i have mentioned the thread with Anu, but that one would have taken place before this one so durrrf, my previous posts may not be sensible XD Word Count: 598

Raw power had factored into many of Kaena's fights in the past, though generally when she came up against an opponent who outmatched her physically, her experience came into play. There were times when she'd been severely outmatched, certainly, but through sheer dumb luck she'd managed to come out on top in those instances. The hybrid woman did not count her existence as something she'd won purely by skill alone; there was certainly a large degree of luck involved in the whole matter of winning battles. Experience was certainly an important factor in the matter, but it was only through trial and error that such a thing was acquired. Kaena Lykoi had a whole decade of experience to call on during her fights, and the scars criss-crossing her face told that story quite well.

Kaena was a creature of the past. She relived her own almost daily, her mind running over old memories that haunted her as well as any ghost could. Her own history was one written in blood and carved into the tanned hides of her fallen foes, certainly, but beyond that there was a world of pain in the hybrid. Her mother hadn't loved her or her siblings, and that lack of love had condemned the hybrid's three sisters to an early death. Her father had been stolen from her by another jealous canine, his very own mate. Kaena referred to Sabryne as her stepmother, but in truth the woman had not functioned as anything remotely similar to a mother. She had killed Kaena's father for protecting his daughter from his own son—her son, as it were. The hybrid had spent the rest of her life trying to fill that hole, replacing it with lovers and blood and archenemies and anything else she could think to dull the constant ache.

The pale wolf's words caught the coyote off-guard; she was not expecting such a direct speech proclaiming her intent. Most wolves were not so careful around coyotes, and the hybrid tilted her head to the side, finding this somewhat suspicious. Was she playing at Kaena? The hybrid's eye narrowed as she considered this possibility, gazing at the other canine's face, trying to determine her motive. Finally, the hybrid spoke, guardedly deciding that perhaps this wolf was making a genuine effort. "I hope I will be able to say the same of you, Urma." This was the truth; Kaena did not seek trouble here, and the fewer enemies she had chasing after her blood the better. It was not Inferni's way anymore to meet any wolf with bared fangs; some of them had to be dealt with, some of them were even—dare she say it?—useful. Of course, Kaena was conveniently allowing the fact that she had loved wolves very deeply in the past slide away from her consciousness in that moment. The hybrid thought of the few she had known from the Crimson Dreams pack. In truth, she had not met a full-fledged member until very recently. "Some days ago I met one named Anu, she hailed from Crimson Dreams," the hybrid said, pausing before she continued. "Naniko is my friend, but from what I understand she has left your midst," she added. The ghostly-white wolf spoke of mutual acquaintances, and the Centurion found this to be quite a reasonable suggestion. "Is Gabriel then the only one you know from Inferni?" the coyote asked in turn. If she had met Hybrid or Samael, there would probably be scars, and there would have been a hell of a lot more fear showing in Urma.

<style>
.kae-epidemic p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px 25px 0px 25px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.kae-epidemic b {color:#FBDFB2; }
.kae-epidemic { width:400px; background-color:#5B5B4F; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/epidemic.gif); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:226px 0px 1px 0px; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread