dead to the core.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... atable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OOC: Haha, I'm sure we can claim temporary insanity and get away with it. Either that or a goldfish memory xD ::Word Count:: 1000+

The night made for a splendid time for the pale-furred Crimson Dreamer to recount old memories, the soft breeze of the late hours bringing back beloved stories from her long-gone ancestors. The whispers upon the gentle zephyr brought her closer to her past, a thing she normally tried to avoid simply to make sure that she did not dwell on them too much, but that sometimes she felt she needed to be close to in order to prioritize her objectives for the future. It proved hard, most of the times, however, to not get lost in the intricate web of her thoughts related to former years, especially her childhood. It was sad at time, watching pups from her pack, such as Gotham and his siblings, growing up differently than she had. Although she held in high esteem some aspects of her education in Greenland, such as the customary tales of her elders, she also envied the pups of Crimson Dreams for the security their pack offered them, a sense of safety she had only known in the company of her then mate and her brothers. Of course, company rarely made rejoicing in old, discarded memories a polite pastime. It was probably the main reason why Urma found it so difficult to return to her own problems whenever she found herself in the proximity of a person she knew and who gave signs of wanting to initiate conversation with her. As a result, her own problems had rarely surfaced amongst those she knew, except maybe for some occasions when they had been too overwhelming to bottle up as usual. Her closest friends, such as Savina and Naniko, now that her beloved Pilot was gone, had been faithful listeners on many such times, although her troubles then consisted of her inability to adapt to Pilot's absence. She was no better at it now, and had simply learned to place that feeling of abandonment deep within herself and allow herself to live through its loneliness without company. Whatever other problems she might have had, she had never brought them up with her friends, either for fear of being ruled out as weak, or for fear of pity she felt she was hardly entitled to.

Urma registered the slight change of tone that took place in the coyote's voice, as also her manner seemed to describe a safe-guardedness that the ivory femme failed to attribute to anything she might have said. Indeed, the only thing that came to mind and sounded plausible enough was her forthcomingness, which she had failed to see might be somehow unexpected from a wolf in relation to an Inferni member. This was something the blanched she-wolf had yet to get accustomed to, since it was not something she viewed as logical, in the sense that, for all the trouble Inferni was rumored to make, except for her deep hatred of Hybrid, she had little else to pick on the clan for. Indeed, Hybrid would always remain, to her at least, another story. It felt wrong, however, to judge the entire clan based on a single member-- for all that, Dahlia de Mai would have to be considered a psychopathic pack in view of the reputation Haku had made for himself. Urma supposed that, as Gabriel had hinted, it was a necessity for a clan such as Inferni to preserve some of its notoriety if it was to keep itself out of unnecessary harm's way, without having to cause trouble in the process. Characters such as Hybrid functioned, in the Crimson Dreamer's mind, simply as puppets meant to serve this unceremonious purpose, which was probably another reason why she failed to nurture any feeling of respect for the male, this going without mention of Pilot's ordeal at his hands.

These thoughts were soon pushed away, however, as Kaena started explaining her ties to Crimson Dreams, and Urma's attention again turned to the here and now. She nodded in acknowledgement of Anu's name, but it was the next one that completely drew her in towards the coyote's words. So she knew of Naniko? Was even her friend? Urma could do little to suppress her delight at this unexpected piece of news, and promptly decided to speak her mind. "Naniko is also my friend, one of the oldest friendships I have tied with another wolf in these lands. Sadly, I could not be close to her when she might have needed it most, for another problem called me away. I have come back just in time to see her move out of Halifax and into Phoenix Valley, and although we have done much catching up, I cannot say I am happy with myself for letting her down. I am merely content that she is doing better there than she would have back in Crimson Dreams. Maybe I should not have left then, should have stayed instead. There are many things I do not yet know about these lands, as you can see." Her thoughts again turned to Pilot, whom she could have maybe seen once more after his return from Inferni. Her heart sank at the memory of Savina's words, but she did not allow this to dispirit her, and continued, "No, he is in fact not. Or rather, he is the only one I know personally. It just happens that I have also heard of one Hybrid. He was the reason I sought out the lands of your clan in the first place. In a way, his actions have forced me to leave my friend in a time when she might have needed me, having me chasing the ghost of a very dear wolf." She pulled her ears back tightly against her head, a note of sadness running through her words. She never felt comfortable remembering the incident concerning Hybrid and Pilot, but neither was she comfortable bringing it up with a fellow clan mate of his, lest she should feel as if she were somehow insulting Inferni. In truth, she was hardly insulting Hybrid. The hurt she felt at the thought of how he in turn had tortured Pilot was something that tore her apart beyond what she could put into words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread