And If I Only Could
[html]

300+ !

There were a thousand possible clarifications that could’ve followed; so many probable circumstances that would have been easier to stomach. But this revelation, no words were gifted enough to make the blow less brutal. It was unexpected, but she did not doubt the veracity of Anu’s announcement. She had seen what lay concealed behind those ethereal orbs, something vicious, waiting for the right opportunity to wreak havoc upon the world. This was not the problem. Well, it was a problem, but something else (or someone else, in this case) took priority over the Rosen’s insanity. Which poor soul had succumbed to his delusions of grandeur? Cercelee? Would he have gone as far as to harm his long-time colleague? Inquiries assaulted her psyche one after the other, filling her head with likely scenarios.

The former Rosea had been absent at the pack’s recent gathering, yes, but her scent still permeated the air. Although her absence was troublesome, her mate had attended, thus confirming the fact that Cercelee hadn’t left Dahlai de Mai. So who was it? Pack members, current and former, flashed before her eyes. There was no way she could have pinpointed the right person; Haku’s aversion with people in general was far too pronounced. He’d gotten physical with her too, of all people. His children’s foster mother and a council member. Alexey had suffered no physical injuries, but she feared the psychological trauma was just as bad. Silence reigned while she contemplated the information provided. Quite a few minutes passed before the Acer finally allowed herself to reply, starting with an apology on behalf of the whole pack.

“I’m really sorry,” she murmured, her head shaking back and forth in quick successions. There was only so much she could say without revealing the extent of her leader’s madness. “I’m glad she’s safe now, whoever she is.” Out of respect for the woman, Alexey would not directly question the victim’s identity. It was Anu’s decision whether such information was divulged or not. “He- He’s not all right in the head.” Oh, what a terrible person she was; talking behind her Alpha’s back, but he deserved it for all the pain and heartache he’d put them through. Shame poured through her like burning fire. What would Anu think of her now?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread