And If I Only Could
[html]

300+ !

Alexey had seen atrocious things in his presence, and she detained multiple reasons to believe that his problem was indeed psychological. When at his weakest, the Rosen had shown alarming signs of psychosis. Deep within his blackened heart, there was the faintest gleam of hope; a child, lost and confused, struggling to resurface and make itself known to the outside world. She had spoken to this creature for a brief moment, come and gone too fast. Whoever this being was, it had showed no signs of hostility towards her. Over time, the Acer had forced herself to block out all recollections of that day, but there were times when his childish face would come back and haunt her. Haku Soul’s features had been different; smoother, younger. But she had gone and pushed her luck by digging deeper, in foolish hopes of finding the source of his madness. Doing so had been the biggest mistake of her life. His incisors had sought her face next; the one and only warning she’d been graced with before he'd launched himself at her. This was the reason why she now refused to approach him unless absolutely necessary. And yet, in spite of everything he had put her through, Alexey could not help but feel compassion for the poor bastard.

Her new acquaintance was a resourceful woman, and Lexey was beginning to see things in a different light. Perhaps he’d been touched by something evil after all? Anu’s profound apologies were all for nought; the Dahlian femme hadn’t taken offence to the words spoken, and none of it had made her feel responsible for the Rosen’s acts of calculated violence. She had stopped blaming herself long ago, knowing her sanity could only sustain so much guilt without collapsing. “There is something I should probably tell you,” she began, filling her lungs with air before contributing her share of bad news. It was better to warn her now, to keep those she knew from harm. “I would suggest staying away from Inferni and Dahlia de Mai until things settle down. There is bad blood between us.” Her voice’s reassuring undertone was bogus. With Cercelee gone and no one else to stop him, war was inevitable. And it would be the biggest, most devastating one yet.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread