Setting off...don't expect to see this place again
WC: 317.

[html]
Tayui nodded in reply to Jantus's thanks. She soon found herself chuckling along with him, curious to know why he found the situation so funny. Certainly, meeting a new wolf was more humorous than she had expected! Tayui shrugged, nodding as she laughed, and cast a quick glance over Jantus's shoulder. She could see some movement behind him, but could not be certain how many canines were in his group. It was only curiosity, but still, she wondered how many of them had been squatting outside of Phoenix Valley's borders.

Tayui drew her attention back to the male, pausing for a moment before meeting his eye. She was surprised to hear that they were visiting a graveyard. She had never heard of one existing within the packlands; but then, she knew very little about the pack at all. However, as soon as Jantus mentioned Skoll's name, her eyes widened in surprise. The first thing she wanted to say was, you knew Skoll? but of course, he just said he did. Tayui knew Skoll was from outside of the Bleeding Souls and 'Souls territories, and knew he had spent much of his life as a warrior, but never had she known much more.

“I knew Skoll,” she stated. “I would like to think of him as a friend, too. He was the Protector, and later Guardian of my pack, Shadowed Sun. The pack is long gone, but it was to the northeast of here, on Halcyon Mountain. He saved the pack and a friend from certain death, but he died protecting another. He loved her, and he loved our pack,” she stated with certainty. She had only known him for a short time -- months, perhaps even a year -- but she had grown to respect him. He had been the highest-ranking member of Shadowed Sun at the time of his death: one of the Homoioi: the equals.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread