Setting off...don't expect to see this place again
Awesome! Smile WC: 428

[html]

Tayui's smile faltered when Jantus's did, wondering what she had said that made him so upset. He starred at her for a while, then finally nodded, as if satisfied with her words. Though she was perplexed, Tayui continued, despite her confusion. Like Skoll, this fellow was a little peculiar in his ways; but everyone was, after all.

“Yes, Asphyxia. But he didn't die saving her. I remember he said he saved her, but killed someone in the process. After that, a friend of sorts came back to seek Skoll's life for the death he caused. Well, not quite. It was related to Asphyxia in a way, but he mentioned he knew some sort of secret... and he was a target because of it. I don't know if it started because of Asphyxia's kidnapping, but I know that he died in a duel a few days later. His friend, Lubomir, left to tell Skoll's family.” She paused, wondering: “Did Lubomir ever find you? I heard he — Lubomir, that is — was back in these lands, but I haven't heard much since.” She offered Jantus an awkward shrug. It had been a while since she had last seen Skoll, and the details were hazy in her mind. Shortly after Skoll's death and Lubomir's departure, Shadowed Sun had disbanded. It was no more, and sometimes, Tayui wondered if it had been the right decision. At the time, yes, it had made sense. But perhaps now she was feeling overly sentimental, or perhaps she just missed the pack. She had loved that pack, something which Skoll knew well. He had even confronted her about it once, when her sheer determination had gotten the best of her. Now, she felt as though she had changed a great deal — but had it been for the better? Was she a better person now? And how was Skoll's death connected to all of this?

Tayui knew the warrior had played a very influential role in her life, and the lives of others, as demonstrated by Jantus's interest. But even so, it made her realize how many wolves she had forgotten about, or simply stopped thinking about. Where was Pilot now? She had not seen him in months; not since the birth of AniWaya. She had seen him around the packlands, but now where was he? Tayui did not know where Fatin or Lubomir were, and she had not heard from many past members of Shadowed Sun or Jaded Shadows. She wondered if her memories of Shaeniire — both as her living mate and the ghost — would someday fade.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread