Just pick yourself back up
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc: Smile

A tranquil day, if she could call it this, since the night before was restless and filled with nightmares and images of home. Quite a turn of events, this admittance into this pack with land so abundant the she-wolf was hard-pressed to look upon it in anything other than splendor. Each day held great potential for something to be learned, the witness the beauty of something exotic and rich, and she looked forward to each day here if only to replace the terrible past that still haunted her.

The day had drawn her to her greatest fears. A living body with a will of its own though it never spoke or gestured, and yet it devoured life silly enough to underestimate its greatness. Her thirst for its essence outweighed her fears on this day and compelled her to drink. She dipped her head into the rushing rapids, feeling the waters lap at her muzzle and filter into her nostrils as she tried to breathe. Its efforts were thwarted to drown her for her nose was not submerged and her plant on the ground was to steady to allow to slip. She drink deeply from the crystal essence, slipped her eyes closed in rapture and filled her belly until she could drink no more. She was content and without worry, simply enjoying the simplicity of the act.

Her peace was broken so suddenly. A disturbance of stampeding hooves raised her head from the water and veer back in time to see a frightened doe charge for the rapids. Its movements erratic as if death were nipping at its heels. It cried as it anticipated its escape but was taken by the waters and cast down with its flow. A thin stream of red marred the crystal churning surface, than was gone. The female watched with an idle eye as the body floated and tossed its way, rounding her shoulders in a wolven shrug for its misfortune. A shame…but such was life. Yet, she was curious as to what caused the creature such alarm. She rewound her head to her rear as a ginger form came into sight, his expression disappointed and body burdened with the wear of the chase. She understood what his attempts were by his labored breath and the expression of a lost catch on his face. Zyn pulled herself from the shores and turned to face her company, tail gingerly swaying in greeting. “Good day,” she offered politely, dipping her cranium as she recalled his form as one whom she had hunted with.

Words: 425

I'm thinking about something... Be quiet when I talk. I'm just wandering
[/html]

Messages In This Thread